Old 08-10-2003, 06:24 AM
Tony
Senior Citizen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TurboJZA70
this is very incorrect. you can order a paxton or vortec supercarger from the company or a dealer(just the charger not a kit) and cut a mounting plate. get it nicely cut from stainless or alu at tampa lazer.
with this much done the charger is now fixed to the motor. now for the pully. this can be sorced to verious places or even done at home with a lathe. charlee at cmr turbos has been known to make pullys from time to time. yes i simplified the process but anyone that knows a little about fabrication knows these are not hard things to have done.

after this its just plumming and fuel managment. same for a turbo car.

now some engine bays wont accept a supercharger quite as well as they would a turbo due to space but thats all case by case.

I dont believe eaither setup is better, both can be setup right and draw backs taken care of by someone that knows what there doing.

Um if you are arguing that a supercharger is easier to fab up, then get your head examined, I would much rather fab up exhaust pipe to drive a turbo than a belt to drive a pully. flybyu pretty much hit the neail on the head hoss.

09' Ninja 500R

09' Stella

Last edited by Tony; 08-10-2003 at 06:27 AM.