Old 01-06-2009, 06:09 PM
abracadaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedz28
Your not going to find to many organizations of this manor that aren't backed religiously. Frankly, there's not a lot of money to be made in this type of organization so being religiously affiliated is how they stay in business. I am not taking either side here but I will just say, growing up when my folks got divorced, we went through some hard times and we got some free food on several occasions from organizations like this when we needed it so therefore this is why I am helping. So on that side its a worthy cause. I do agree with you on some things, but this is not the place.
I understand that they do some good work, so I wouldn't want them to cease to exist. But, I don't donate or do volunteer work for religious backed organizations. It's a personal preference, and I'll never tell anyone to not donate to them just because I disagree with their views. I was just making the suggestion that maybe we could support a non-religiously affiliated organization in the future.

It's a two sided coin, I don't mind helping people in need when I can. However, I just have a problem with many of the stances right wing religious groups have taken recently. Obviously, I won't go in to that here.