View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 06:33 AM
bitemark46
Got traction?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDirt
Neither. I didn't vote for him because he's full of shit.

But hey, I'm willing to give him a chance. God knows I don't want to get on his bad side before he starts writing those checks for college tuition, gasoline, mortgage payments, food etc. Money for nothin' and chicks for free. I really think this is going to get interesting now. I'm mostly interested in seeing how his taxing the hell out of businesses and the "rich" is going to keep them from "exporting jobs overseas".

I'm hoping that when my boss says screw it and closes the doors that he'll take me with him and let me be his valet.
Tony,

I was frustrated with Bush got into office the 1st term. But optimistic, I gave him a chance. And he didn't meet expectations. Then when he was re-elected I was dumbfounded. But I still said maybe he can redeem himself and I gave him another chance but it got worse. I think that's what the majority of americans thought when they voted this time. They way I look at it it can't be any worse that it is now. Jobs have been going over seas for years. My job was exported back in 2004 so that's nothing new. I think the economic status of America will bounce back within his term. But looking over the past presidents this may be a pattern. In the great depression era there was 2 rep presidents (Coolidge and Hoover) that were in office when we hit rock bottom. Then FDR (dem) was elected into office and Truman thereafter (dem). I think history is just repeating itself. So I'll give him a chance and if he sucks, then I'll be the first one to say it.

-Mark

-Mark