View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Supp0rt3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by w4lker
I read the entire thread.

People are only guilty when a court finds them guilty. That's how it needs to work.

Like everyone else here, I'm 100% SURE that Joe Dono is GUILTY. But the goal here seems to be to punish him before he has been found guilty in court.

I think it's okay to talk about the story, but he should be treated as a suspect until proven guilty.

The system works that way for a very good reason.
Different POV: The system isn't working. If it were, Joe Dono would not be able to perpetrate the same sort of scam over and over, as he's been doing. I don't think anyone here thinks that opinions expressed in an internet thread equate to a legal judgment, so don't assume we do.

What much of this discussion has been about -- indeed, the main value of the thread -- is sharing information about a questionable character. Without this sharing of information and experiences, we'd all be more vulnerable to his repeat attempts to rip people off.

So, while I agree that people reading this thread should remember that an internet discussion board is not a legit court... I also don't think many (if any) people assumed so in the first place. No judge, no jury; just opinions based on various sources of information.

The truth will out.