View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 04:47 PM
ImportLuv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993240
He finally called me back. He quoted me at $2,600 for the motorset.

There's nothing wrong with an S13 SR if I could get for a really good price. The main reason for the S14 is the lower mileage.
The reason why people get rid of their cars in japan have absolutely nothing to do with mileage.
Cars are very cheap there, paying one off is easy, but keeping it is the hard part. Its very expensive to operate a vehicle there, especially urban areas. As the car ages, it's appreciation decreases rapidly. Sometimes the car would be zero, worthless. So why should someone go through the trouble and money of operating a old car, when nearly the same amount is spent on a brand new car?
Thus, people usually give their cars up after 5-8 years to junkyards since no one would buy it. That's where people come in a strip the car apart to export them to other countries that value them.
To make it easier to understand, e.g....
Simply imagine that a
-mandatory annual emission testing costing $1,000
If owning a old car, someone would be risking to failing the emission test, then go repair it, then go back to the emission testing center again in hopes that it will pass. Again, this is just an example.

Last edited by ImportLuv; 02-14-2008 at 04:54 PM.