View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:02 AM
treekiller
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Loren
My calendar is marked. When are we gonna do some practice at Sebring?

BTW, Jeff and I have driven CMP. You'll want the car set up to really handle tight "almost autocross" turns for the one back section of that track. If the car has the tendency to plow rather than turn, with as many drivers as you're going to have, it could get ugly for the tires.
I concur completely, the only place where you could have a car that was too loose is turn 2, where the floor drops out, or the kink. It's a Wilson designed track and has his signature radius changing keyhole because of it, the longest straight is coming out of the sharpest corner.

and while Loren might have a diffrent input, the curbs on track out are rough. where Sebring invites you to use all the track these seriously mess you up. in a race i'd want to pass on the inside. if you get pushed on one of those curbs you'll pogo right onto the grass. (don't ask me how I know) so yes a loose car will be nice, but it will have to brake REALLY well if we ever want to pass anyone. another thing to keep in mind is the sand when it gets windy. it can blow uninterrupted onto turns 1+2 unless they paved the paddock.