View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 12:28 PM
EludeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Durdan
jesus. unbolt old motor, bolt in new motor. have someone do the harness. pretty straight forward
+1 Thats what I did. If you follow the USDM FSM you can't really go wrong. One f the mounts on the SR is slightly diff (don't recall exactly which one thinking it's the passenger side mount), so you may have to wrestle it a bit then normal to get it into place (or you can use the ones that come with the SR). Don't forget the remove the AIV and plug the port for it. You can use the stock heater hoses... just need to trim them down. Replace the belts, turbine inlet seal (this will be a bitch to do if the engine is still in the car), and DO NOT neglect to replace the oil pan even if it's just slightly dinged. Their are really only 3 vaccum lines that differ. You will need to use the KA throttle cable bracket... (slightly bend it). Be sure to replace the clutch as a minimum as well (mines was completely shot.... replace the TO bearing as well [I learned this the hardway]). I'am sure their are other minor tidbits i'am neglecting to mention