View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 03:36 PM
wolfey971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally, I use WD-40 and a grunge brush to clean my cahin, then I rinse if off with a garden hose, wipe most the water off and let air dry for about 10 mins, then I ride it and warm the cahin up then apply a light coat of chain lube (I only use Motul) let that set up and then add another coat ( just like sparay painting - add a first thin coat then re-apply as needed )

to answer your question about the cahin lube, it sopunds like it it chain saw lube, I wouldnt use that,, the "petrolium-based" additives might damage the o-rings in your motorcycle chain.
I would say get a godd can of motul chain lube @ any cycle shop. there are a few other good brands out there, you want to find something that will semi dri to the chain, that way you dont get chain lube all over the swingarm, tail or even yourself

'04 GSXR 750
I'm so far behind, I think I'm first

need tires (take offs)? PM me
need a deal on a track day? PM me

disclaimer: I sell used tires (take-offs), these tires have been used at Jennings, Homestead, etc. (road courses for those that dont know) therefor these tires are more used up on the sides than in the middle,