Old 06-22-2007, 03:08 PM
pdisme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$350 for whole weekend, $200 for each day I believe. That includes instructor if you're in a run group that requires it. The car itself is ok, you'd just want to make sure it's in shape for track driving; ensure there's a decent amount of tread left, flush your brake fluid completely if it's standard DOT3 because Sebring will heat your brakes up quite a bit and you don't want them to fade surprisingly quickly (Superblue or Motul fluids are good replacement), bleed them if you're already running high end fluid and haven't done it in a while, ensure you have 1/2 pad or more left on them and then just possibly have a mechanic check over the car if it hasn't had a once over in a while. You'll need a SNELL 2000 or better helmet but the rating can be M (motorcycle) or SA, in fact I have two spares if you need to borrow one at the track.

The problems people most often encounter is underestimating how hard you'll be braking if it's your first time there; you go to the track thinking gas and turns but you will be braking more and harder than you ever do on the street and you can wear out pads and cord tires if you don't have enough left on them. It's a blast though, it took me about 1/2 a day in the Lambo just getting comfortable with how hard I could mash on the brakes the first time I went to the track, after my instructor told me to stomp on it as hard as I could until ABS came on when we were clear, I realized just how much brakes I had and then we were able to move on to learning about the turning, etc.