Old 05-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Notladstyle
King of Ricers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theebluecrx
I supply parts and work with a veteran alarm installer and he has shown me how to disable 99% of the alarms out there including lowjack.The 1% being owners stay in thier car or put a dog inside.I say the best alarm is one created by yourself or taking your ecu.Unless they have a tow truck without a ecu they usually cant drive it away.
First

The little flashing blue light will deter 90% of thieves. There are just to many easier cars to break into than to put the extra effort into an alarmed car.

Second

Of those 10% bold enough to attempt to steal your car in spite of the alarm, only a small portion would know how to disable a properly installed alarm fast enough to prevent the alarm from sending an alert to the pager or you notice the sound of your alarm going off.

Third

Of that small portion who know how to disable an alarm before it can go off, most are intelligent people who have better things to do like make money legally.

No matter how much you claim alarms are useless, theres a reason you get an insurance discount for having one installed. They DO reduce(not eliminate) your risk.