View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
treekiller
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brisk Road Rally planning.

Looking for a Co-Rallymaster. this is not going to be a performance rally. but a Brisk paced TSD I assume I can give the sanctioning to whatever local club wants the money, all I need is one co-rallymaster, and 3-4 couples working the course to be checkpoint workers and one sweep driver (4wd or pickup desired)

WHat is a brisk TSD.

Just like a traditional Rally it's run with a key time and the team to get closest to their key time is the winner. (not slower or faster) The roads are chosen by their dificulty to remain at the legal speed limits. so to stay close to your key time is very difficult. since we are in florida the worst roads we will be on are the paved ones. in my scouting missions I have not come across anything I would consider rough, (with 450lb/in springs) some soft sand was the worst. there are time allowances availble to prevent dangerous speeding if you get grossly lost or too far behind.

In the spirit of previous Treekiller rallies, there will be a good bit of unpaved road driving, but all stages will be Calculated average speed at or near the speed limit for a given group of roads. so if your acurate you don't have to drive like Colin to win. but if you want to drive a bit faster I didn't tell you to.

A couple warnings. these roads are not often used for much vehicular traffic, previous trekiller rallies have had incidents with the Local "Natives" we might live in tampa but when you get a couple miles into the woods it gets interesting. "yess Sir... Your shotgun is mighity purdy" so keeping your cool is very important. if you drive semi sane there will be no problem

Last edited by treekiller; 04-08-2007 at 09:26 PM.