View Single Post
Old 03-02-2003, 07:13 PM
Sully

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor '03 Cobra Guy

Thought some of you guys would get a kick out of this.

Firstly, let me set-up the scenario. There is a great section of 4-lane divided highway around here that connects the Interstate to the town. The speed limit is 55, no cross streets, very little traffic. This then runs down a hill to the town, in to a series of traffic lights.

I was coming off the southbound Interstate on to this road. As I crossed over the Interstate, I saw a Mustang coming on from the northbound side. As I passed the entrance ramp (at 55 MPH) I saw him quickly pull into the left lane, to catch up. He passed just far enough so I could see his new Cobra; he still had the dealer plates on, then he slowed down so we were side-by-side.

He signaled ‘want to run’…I nodded OK. Then he signaled for me to go first. I thought ‘this guy is pretty cocky.’ So, I punched it! The tires squealed just a little, but TC kept her in check. I am not quite sure when he backed off, but the gap opened up quickly. I backed off in the low triples.

The funny part is when came in to town & we caught the traffic light. He put down his window & said, “You can’t be stock!” I said that I have an after-market exhaust, and a beefed-up tranny, but I haven’t touched the engine since we got it. ( Now before you guys say anything, it is true. Since we got the 427, we haven’t touched it. ) He just shook his head & commented something about the dealer telling him that his Cobra will blow the doors off a Corvette. The light turned green & he drove away.

Poor guy won’t pick on Vettes for a while!