View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 06:30 AM
Leonard
OUCH!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 97blkz
loren you think you know all but please consider this fact, I do insurance for a living, my point being no Ins co will cover your car for sanctioned racing , so your car is sol if you do an auto x course. now if I am racing to St Pete and hit the wall Im still covered and get my $ back ! so who has the retarted logic???

Personally, I think your justification for racing on the street is way off base... yes, you may be better covered by your insurance company, but you're also risking tickets, property damage, and possibly even injuring or killing somebody because you're doing stupid stuff in an uncontrolled environment.

When I run an SCCA sanctioned event, I'm competing with several million dollars in liability coverage. The most damage i've ever seen done to a car at an event was a dent in the door from the timing box and that almost exclusively happens because somebody is overdriving...

I'll risk a couple hundred dollar bill to fix a door to compete in a safe environment. When you're in jail for vehicular manslaughter, you'll know i was right...