View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 09:20 AM
B20eg4dr
Clueless...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it was blown wouldnt it still spew a bit of white smoke? it doesnt seem to be. also, here is what i have done to try to nail down the problem.

i checked the oil today and it seemed that there was a slow leak form the oil drain plug. i tightened it and put 1 qt of oil in. refilled the rad fill container to max and took off the radiator cap. started the car and watched for spray, smoke, etc. there was none that i could see or hear. the fluid inside the radiator is good and there were no bubbles or anything coming from inside. the fluid did jump/vibrate while the engine was on but never came over the lip of the radiator. let the car idle for about 10 min and it never went past the 40% temp gauge reading. i turned on the heat, stayed the same. i turned on the a/c and it went up just a bit (like maybe 2-3%). I think that is normal but am not completely sure. However, the thing is, at no time during this process did my radiator fan come on. Not during idle, not during the time when I had the heat on, and not during the time when I had the a/c on. The a/c fan came on of course but the fan did not. So, I am thinking that it maybe the fan sensor or maybe the relay. COuld it still be the thermostat? I am not sure if it is the head gasket as the HG would still cause it to lose copious amounts of fluid regardless. ANd wouldnt it cause it to over heat anyway, not stay at normal operating temp and idle just fine. Thanks for the help guys.

Oh, and I apologize for the radom capitalization. I am used to word where it does it automatically and I dont have the inclination to go back and correct it right now. Thanks again.