View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003, 07:11 PM
mpbiv
Rod Bearing Eater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I know the K will get done, in fact all my resources will be going directly into that first. The turbo K is top priority, what I do with the extra 2.5 Tall deck TBI block is something to consider later. This is just an idea I had, and how far it could go. It is definitely not going to happen soon unless I win the lottery. I won't even consider buying parts to start a NA DOHC project yet.

If anything in 2 years (about how much time I have to the K back on the road), I decide I still want to do that, I will start with just the engine. And if I finish said engine, then I will seek out another car to put it in. At this point there is no way in hell I would consider putting that TBI tall deck or any reincarnation back into the K. I certainly think it would be interesting engine, but I definitely would not be building it to put in my K.

I guess I talk about doing things too much without necesarily having the intention of doing them. I am definitely a dreamer, and I even tell myself to talk less do more. All I can guarantee at this point is the Turbo K will get done.

So I guess that brings me to the topic of my real project. I should be looking and probably buying my engine during spring break. Plans are to hit Cophers and hope I find something 89+. If I have any extra time left and depending on funds I will start buying major internal parts, pistons, rings, bearings etc. I would also like to check out some of the local machine shops by me and get an idea of what kind of shop bill I will have. Basically looking to have the block hot tanked and bored .020 over for new pistons. Probably have the rods resized or checked and the crank polished. The time window for that is looking like I will have a shortblock done by the end of June and then probably have the head, manifolds, and turbo ready by the end of summer. For the moment I am going to try and stick to those time frames. Other stuff like the transmission and wiring will come after that but I don't want to set any time frame for those yet. Other stuff like brake and suspension upgrades I won't do until the car is back on the road. That also means for a little while there will probably be a Hubcapped Turbo K running around