View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Jordan Y.
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all a matter of airflow, you can flow more air at lower boost with bigger displacement, making more power at pump-gas boost levels. I don't think the turbo cares about revs, it's all pressure ratios and flow numbers, as long as you're on the map through your range it's all good. The rev range on a 2.3/2.4 should be fine with a gt35r- You may make 20 psi on a 2.0 at 4300 and rev to 9k max, make 20 psi on a 2.4 at 3800 and rev to 8k max. You're only losing 500 rpm of powerband and a bit of gearing advantage. As far as torque goes, it's the instant torque hit that blows away tires, not just sheer torque, and the hit is supposed to be pretty harsh on the GT35r from what I hear, but I don't know if that gets better or worse between 2.0 and 2.3/2.4. I know on the 2.0 it's supposed to build boost slowly up to a few psi before just slamming the boost needle in the mid-4000-rpm range, I don't know if it does the same thing on a 2.4 or if it builds in a more linear progression.

Originally Posted by DsmInduction
fp3052
methanol
8.5:1
for cams, the BC's cause they are so darn affordable or the fp3x
stick with a built 2.0 id say.
I don't know if I'd suggest fp3x for a 2.0l car on a 61mm wheel. I don't know if I'd suggest them for a 2.0 at all. On one hand they're super aggressive, so you'd need a really big turbo to make good use of them, but at the same time the ramp rates are so high that FP doesn't recommend running them to the RPM you'd have to run a 2.0 to with that big of a turbo. I think you'd really have to know what you're doing to set up a 2.0 with those cams, and then you'd probably just have custom cams made to fit your setup. I personally would stick with FP2xs but that's just my opinion.