View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Cecil
gone fishin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rider Down - Dan C.

Sourced from TSB

Originally Posted by TaraSV650S
Please pray for Dan C. He is a friend of Shortfuse that was riding with us today and he was hurt pretty bad and is at St Joseph's. He was Lifeflighted due to severe head injuries. He cracked his skull, broke his neck, and lacerated his liver. His friend Devon (Shortfuse) is at the hospital with him.

thanks!!
Originally Posted by ShortFuse
Apparently security at St. Josephs still has the helmet, so maybe he will get it back when he leaves. I think a picture of the helmet will show just how hard he hit whatever it was that his head hit (there was no helmet mark on the sign, just fairing)...

And when she says broken neck, he isn't paralyzed or anything, he just cracked one of his cervical vertebrae (probably one of the processes). I'll let even know how he's doing after I get the call from his mom when he is out of the OR.

Thanks goes out to everyone who helped today, whether it was with him, or bringing us drinks while we waited for a ride, helping us load up the truck (Special thanks to that guy's wife for driving up there) and then unloading it at my apartment. I don't think he's going to fix it, or ride anymore, but we will see. His parents told me to throw it in the dumpster, but I'm not going to do that. He can take care of it.

And I read somewhere that the guy who didn't get injured, his bike was more damaged...no way, dan's bike was mangled. the only thing untouched seemed to be the frame.
Originally Posted by DanTheR6Man
Hope he'll be ok!!! Was he wearing gear?
Originally Posted by liquid_iq
helmet and textile jacket.

One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

Thomas Sowell (American Writer and Economist, b.1930)

Last edited by Cecil; 05-13-2006 at 05:15 PM.