View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:57 AM
boostin13b
Rotary Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rotary7
Hey,
Welcome to TR.and FL

The rotary community in Central FL is pretty big.
Depends on if you like drag/drift/ or just rotary performance.We have a few good shops in the area.

If you go to Lakeland drag strip on Sundays you will catch alot of fast central FL rotary drag cars.You will see Jesus Padilla out there with his 13b and 20b all motor champ cars.

You just missed a good sized Mazda meet,it was last weekend in ClearwaterFL.
We have good meets through out the year,MRCCFL used to have many of them but I think they have died out.

The weather is getting warmer,and a few people have asked about a TR Mazda forum meet,bar b q.So maybe one is due in time.

I just checked your site,Nice S5TII.I like th eintercooler mounting.You should change the rubber hoses into metal,and You can get a diffrent throttle body neck to help you out on that set up for about $100.

Is that your FD too?It looks 500% better with the second set of wheels.Just wheels can change the appearance on a FD.
Yeah I was bummed to miss the meet in Clearwater but I had to work. We went to the Nissan meet that night though. Unfortunately I had to leave the S5 back home and the intercooler was just something I had laying around and dumped in. I have a bunch of aluminium piping laying around and I was going to throw on a spare FD manifold and throttle bodie/elbow setup but got caught up in the whole moving thing.

I agree that the second pair of wheels look way better but the first pair were cheapies that were on there when I bought the car. But that's what you get when you throw over $4k in new wheels and tires that actually fit the car. I'm glad I went with the offset that I did because I don't have any clearance issue's and they are 10" wide in the back.