View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 03:34 PM
IlAureliuslI
Not quite 1337.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want I/C/Carb combonation suggestions

Sorry for the essay of a post. My 1982 Mustang GT is getting it's exhaust system installed soon. It consists of BBK shorty headers, BBK off-road H-pipe, and Flowmaster 40 series American Thunder cat-backs. From what I was told when I joined TR a year or so ago after exhaust I should consider changes in the intake, carb, and cam. From what I've heard many things in those particular bolt-ons should match for optimum efficiency. The CFM rating of the carb should match the CFM rating of the intake, and the effective RPM range of the intake should match the effective RPM range of the cam. If this is incorrect just tell me so. I'm wondering, if I'm building a low-mid range torque-based Mustang, what sort of combonations should I run? Suggestions so far have been the Edelbrock performer or performer RPM, a Holley 4150 carb of an undecided CFM rating, and a crane cam. Any alternate suggestions? If so, why? What CFM rating of carb should I chose if I don't ever plan on running F/I? What sort of cam should I look for? Is there anything else that I should do before looking into getting these parts?
Thanks in advance, Marcus.