View Single Post
Old 03-26-2001, 04:24 PM
Clint
keyboard hardass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I just thought Id try to get an interesting post going here (cause everyone elses SUCK haha j/k)

Anyways share a story what is the STUPIDEST thing you have ever done in your car? (and no Im not talking backseat antics)

Stupidest thing I have done:

I was driving the dart to work in SC one day back when it was stock and looked like this... http://tubby.tuskar.net/dart/images/Dartfrontq2.jpg

Anyways it was a rainy day and the car was kinda running bad I pulled up to this stop light on a rural road and the car stalled just as the light turned green... I threw it in neutral and got it started again tossed in into 1st and floored it! well of course the rear wheel started spinning like crazy so I let it shift into 2nd and the tires kept spinning!! I thought this was damn cool because I hadnt driven the dart in the rain much yet... well the car was moving down the road a good bit now and then I let it shift into 3rd gear with the tires still spinning I figure I was going about 35 or 40 mph still spinning the tires (the speedo said I was going 85-90).. Then... I made the mistake... I tried to keep spinning the tires and make it around a slight bend.. the dart kicked to the right hard I countersteered but I overcompensated and the car kicked over to the left right towards oncoming traffic!! at this point I was scared shitless and overcompensated to the left again completely lost it right off the road down a 5-foot embankment and into a fencepost... it cost me 50 bucks to get a tow truck to pull me out and I missed the whole morning of work but the car was still driveable just needed a slight alignment and alot of body work (which didnt come until about a year later..

Damn I was (still am) stupid..

Whats your story?

Green markers = Pay spots
Blue markers = safe free spots
Red markers = not so safe free spots (possible trespass issues)