View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 05:58 PM
DubtecV2
...in da hause!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Subaru Clearwater Meet***

Meet is getting pretty big! First meet I counted ~15 cars, last saturday I counted ~20 cars, around 30 people. Dave (BrewPuBeaver) has talked to the manager(s) at TGI Friday's where the meet is held and has gotten permission to block off a section of the parking lot for us, and have tables already set up. The debris/construction will be gone in 2-3 weeks. Dave is also going to call the owner of Mastro soon and see if they'd like to attend/help out, along with the other Subaru dealers around town (Fitzgerald and Reese[?]). I'm going to talk to Craig at CUE Auto Restyling and see if he'd like to come out, maybe offer discounts for meet attendees. Dave is planning on making a weekly(?) e-newsletter. I also may become the unofficial photographer and take pictures from every meet and possibly include them in the newsletter. Maybe we could set up a little something for those of you who'd like pictures taken specifically of your car for a sig, or whatever. Maybe later on, if the meet gets large enough we can start taking donations and get a large hotel room for an after-party, complete with beer/alcohol and Xbox.

I won't be here this coming saturday (7-23-05) for the meet, I'll be in Indianapolis for Car & Driver's 50th Anniversary -- going to ride in an '06 STi with Petter Solberg!

For those of you who don't know, the meet is every saturday at TGI Fridays just south of Countryside Mall, on the east side of US19, around 7:30pm. Afterparty, for now, at Dave's apartment on Gandy Blvd. just east of the bridge. After getting some grub, we usually caravan over there around 10-11pm.

Remember,

Saturdays, TGI Fridays near Countryside Mall, 7:30pm

26111 US19 North
Clearwater, FL 33763

Last edited by Balboa; 07-18-2005 at 06:57 PM.