Old 06-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Matt Vassallo
lifelong learner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago, California, Maryland, Chicago, California, Vegas

These next two months are going to be fun.

Thursday we're leaving for Chicago for Drift Day Chicago Competition. Rob and I are instructors, and will also be doing pro demonstrations.

As we get back for a few days from that, we then have to prepare for Formula D in Sonoma, California. That will be neat, Hopefully I will be able to see some friends in San Francisco, as that's where most of my family is at. (I have very little family here in FL, I would say most of my 'family' was either Regina's family or friends such as you guys. So seeing blood relatives will be neat.

We should have a couple of days free after that, and then we are slated to hit up Maryland for Hyperfest. That should be alot of fun. We will be doing demonstrations there as well; DuPont should be picking up the bill on this one. It's cool to see more and more companies picking up and helping sponsor drifting. Now all we need to do is get a better grassroots support of it.

After hyperfest, its' back to Chicago for Formula D round 5. This is a new track made in the parking lot of Soldier Field. This should be another even playing field, as nobody's driven it compared to last year. However, parking lot tracks are lined with walls. Walls destroy cars. So we will see.

We'll have about 2 or 3 weeks when we get back from Chicago to prepare for the Irwindale Formula D finals. That will be the big one. 15 thousand people watching us, cheering, yelling "one more time" and all the good stuff. Also the Kumho guys should be there in full force, as their main headquarters is in Fontana, a few minutes from Irwindale. We'll be in the heart of socal, i've never been there before, so it will be awesome.

With the end of the Season of formula d, it's then time to prepare for the SEMA show in Vegas. We will have both of our cars in display booths this year, as well as rob and I probably hanging out at the Kumho booth signing autographs and posters and what not.

And they only want more next year. The question is, whether or not I really want to do it. I'm not entirely sure just yet. On one hand I have people wanting to give me a professional driving CAREER (instructing, getting into stunt driving, etc) but on the other hand.. is that what I really want to do? I dont' know. My dreams of being a teacher. well. I could always be a teacher at Age 30 also.. It would be fun to have this thing happen for a few years.

It'd be neat to be able to tell stories of being a 'race car driver'. There's just alot of stress associated with it.

Now that my white car is back on the road, registered, and street legal, I want to come visit my friends in Tampa. We should have a get together when I move back into my house in Clearwater, and good times will be had. Maybe break out the turn tables and the enthalpy can spin or something? hahaha. Who knows.

Just keepin touch homies. This is the only non drift/nissan forum that I visit on TR, the rest of it is too fast and busy for me. I never thought I'd say that, but it seems like if you don't keep up with the posts in FFA they all disappear and just 10 pages or repost or all this drama. And everyone is 17 it seems.