View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:09 AM
240sxJay
Ka24de N/A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Rx8 Vs Stock 350z

I'm debating with this guy on another forum. I am a nissan owner but I know that when i had my 350z, the rx8 smoked me stock. Here is what he responded back ...

the rx8 is legally a 1.3 liter and in most racing is considered a 2.6. and its whooshing out 237hp.

theres way more to a car's handling then a 50/50 weight distribution and thats besides teh fact the z is 52/48 and mid engine.
rotaries have rev limits because otherwise the heat from the friction will destroy their seals.

Rx8s cant grip like a bitch and punch out of the turns, i figure it is because they made too many compromises in street tuning the suspension..

I have test driven them both, I decided on the z for a reason it peformed better in everything but seating space.

I useto think the z and rx8 are both good starter cars but clearly you were unable to push the Z anywhere near its limits.

My point is I was dissapointed in the 350z and compared to rx8's performance it was poor. (No longer have the 350z shortly after test driving the rx...i will be working on a Fd probably later on