Old 01-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Alan
drives euro trash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Stangonline
^^ Mazdaspeed 6 - talking to the wife about getting one. I read an article on it and was kinda crushed to learn that the AWD is going to make it tip the scales at over 3600lbs. 276hp sounded pretty good until that.

Also, get this - 15lbs of boost and 9.5:1 compression. Sounds good, but it makes you wonder how much you can really tweak it. Boost is already pretty high, considering the compression

If they could get the weight down to 3200ish....

Jeff
Pretty heavy but the size of the car is fairly large as well. Mazda is specifically targeting this car against the Legacy (another car you should look into). Both are nice sized family 4-doors with AWD and turbo powerplants. I'm thinking Subaru will have the upperhand having more proven engineering in the drivetrain.

I was not at all impressed with the Mazdaspeed Protege. It was a horrid attempt at a "tuner car"...they got the suspension right but the motor is complete garbage. Luckily the 2.3l Duratec is a great starting point for the 6...lets hope Mazda gets it right this time around and actually decides to use forged internals instead of slapping a turbo on an otherwise stock motor.