View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 08:10 AM
fastforward
Haul'n the Family

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Group44...I get it...I thought it was an unusual name for a TR member. Group 44 was the racing group that campaigned Triumph TR4 and TR6 sportscars back it the 60s and 70s. The semi-famous driver Bob Tullius was normally behind the wheel of the #44 car. Okay there is my little history leson for anyone who cares. (Do I hear crickets?)

Also....I think anyone that says roadracing experience doesnt give you you a decisive advantage on a autocross course is crazy. Im sure Mario Andretti would whip my ass driving MY OWN car on a autocross track...even if he never has done it before.
The biggest equation in Auto-x is seeing the fastest line feeling the balance of the car and being able able to control the car smoothly and efficiently. These are qualities you develope in any kind of sportscar racing not just autocross.

Not to take any credit away from Eric. He just plain kicked but. No doubt to a combination of learned technique AND natural talent.

Oh yeah Shawn...I have seen that Gville Protoge in action. Youre right he would kick my but in fact he has kicked it once. My money is on him kicking your butt too and almost anyone elses butt as well HS or non HS. That dude is fast!