Old 11-18-2004, 09:23 PM
OversteerS2K
F K D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before the negative posts I guess I should have said it was great to see so many good driver turn out. I still had fun, as a spectator, even though the driving portion sucked.

Per the norm, a lot of what I type gets taken the wrong way. I'm not slighting you for your win Tom. And you know better than me how long it was between cars, but we all should have run together and that was my only point. Times were certainly falling as the sun came out and it was windy. How much of a difference did it make? I don't know and no one else would either. Again, we shouldn't have to guess and there's a reason people run #'s 99 & 199. You should also know, better than most, that I tried hard to recruit a strong BS class. I had E-mails, PM's, and threads out to every board and everyone trying to create the best possible class (and in the process give myself the best possible competition, as well as get Aaron a co-drive). I'll assume you didn't just stumble across this forum or thread so thanks to whomever for cluing you in and just trying to stir up some shit.

The extra looks at the course are a different issue and no I didn't say anything. As much as you guys want to make this event out to be friendly competition it's not like that to all of us. I rarely exchange words, for good or ill, with any of my competitors unless they're grided right next to me (during our run group). I don't like to divuldge times or shoot the shit and especially don't want to bring something up that makes them feel I'm pointing the finger at them or accusing them of cheating, or the equivalent. You don't mess with someone's head while they're running. Maybe it's too competitve to the point of being a serious fault. If I'd really wanted a win there than I'd have just kept my mouth shut and only a couple of entires would have been there. As it were I still could've rode with all my buds throughout the day, then with my co-driver, and grided as far back as possible...

Tony, you've done a good job and my bitching shouldn't register too loudly. Those things only matter when it's raining. And for regular events the ride alongs get tolerated. For 98% of us it was the best CFR event of the season.

Jamal, whomever designs a course (whether Jesse, Danny, myself, or even Roger Johnson) gets to hear all the things that "should have" been done. It got to the point where I was getting PM's and E-mails. It's just not worth it. The free entry helped but it's like standing with your legs spread and your eyes closed & waiting to see who kicks you in the nads. There's never a group concensus of "great course". There's always bitching and I'd rather get the extra sleep and pay the entry. It made me want to strangle people and only a third were truly good courses anyhow.

Enough, back to no TR for me and fuck you all, at least the ones that know they deserve it .