Old 11-17-2004, 04:50 PM
neurovish
bucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by OversteerS2K
Nothing at the State Championship event even distantly mirrored how a National or Divisional event would have been run. Somehow even Martin Club got it right last year...

1) Regardless of weather, all cars in the class should have been grided together. That was a problem in more than one 4th heat class and did effect the results.

2) There are no ride alongs. But if someone's already run and wants to help their girlfriend in a one car class than no big deal. The extra looks at the course helped more than one driver.

Does it really matter? Only if you lost, in part, due to one or both things happening.

Ironically I was held for 5 minutes before I could take a re-run. At least something was done by the book.

A little bitter/poor loser - Todd.
Aaron would've beat you either way
I didn't really have any problems with the way the event was run, it seemed pretty much par for the course for CFR. Were all drivers in the last run group supposed to get 4 runs? I never heard anything about that. The only thing I saw that grid did wrong was send my co-driver out when I should've been driving (I think jesse's comment about phil getting a re-run confused the grid worker? That was the only thing I heard concerning him and a re-run...I think he had 3 times on the score sheet though).

Speaking of times, are they getting posted on the cfr site eventually?