View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Loren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mars_302
Gville is a little under 2 hours for me, but seems like a better course for my car. I heard you the sunrider courses are very tight
I bet you heard that from someone who hasn't been to a SunRiders event in over 2 years. I'll tell you straight up, the club used to have some horribly inexperienced course designers 2-3 years ago. They laid out courses that looked fun and made use of LOTS of space, but were tedious to drive. Mostly first gear and a lot of too-tight turns... even in a Miata.

Since I took over the SunRiders program in January of 2003, I've made sure that we don't have courses like that. The more experience I get with this little site, the more I'm learning what can be done with it. Our courses have been much more 2nd gear this year with good flow and lots of fun. As fast as Gville? Well, that depends on how much CFR want to fudge the SCCA safety guidelines. Consider that by SCCA rules a car like a new Z06 shouldn't exceed 70 mph anywhere on course... your speed should be proportionately less.

I'll put it this way, we get some big vehicles at our events. Mustangs and Camaros, sure... but also Impalas and the occasional pickup truck. I can't remember the last time I heard anyone say that the course was too tight. Even the Impalas can get through FAST and without hitting cones.