View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 09:43 AM
Chin
MASTER BREWER:HOT TEA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you autoXers seem to think drifting is like a plauge, its simply a different driving style, seem out of control? Yes, but many of us got our roots at autoX, like me. I feel its required to learn how to drive at the limit, before you drive past it. On certin occations its the only safe option, otherwise we would understeer off the course, causing the whole timing process to slow down. One time I was at Sunriders for the "watercross" basicly 3 laps on a course in the rain, and well all I could manage was sliding. But I did it safely and they didnt have any problems with it.

So yes we are out there, but we are avid motorsports enthusist, like you guys. Not just some punks who try to distroy whatever venues come near us. And no most of us try and stay off the streets, there are to many cops around to try and do that sort of thing. As wreakless as drifting might seem we are careful (atleast the ones that are smart) where we do our sport. Autocrosses give us a safe venus to pratice our sports.

Drifters who come out to autocrosses know how much it means to have a safe place to go. And they spent good money on it, so they wont just tear the place down, aslong as its safe, which most drifters are (that come out to the autoX) the wreakless drifters dont waste there time or money to go to a safe place.

All im saying is just dont place all drifters in the same barn, just like I dont place all people with civics in the same bin.