View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 11:02 AM
fastforward
Haul'n the Family

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Leonard
I'd run through a set of Falken Azenis or a set of Kumho Exsta MX's before you go to the R compounds. Get back into the groove so you don't develop all the bad habbits I did when I went to R compounds sooner than I needed them.
Bad Habits? What do you mean Leonard?

Thanks for all the input guys..... The 711's would be used solely on the street, but I do drive sort of "spirited." I'd like to get around 30K miles out of them though, at least.
The 700's would be track only. Is it really necessary to shave them? What would that cost me and where do you get it done?
I'm still looking into other brands as well...I was really happy with the Contisports that are on my car...I only got about 25K worth of good use out of them and taht includes spirited driving and about half a dozen autocross events. I rotate my tires about every 7-8K miles. They still provide great lateral traction, even though I'm at the wear indicator.

Would I expect about the same performance from the 711's? Are they an actual performance street tire or a poseur tire?

The otehr issue I have is finding competition tires that are my size. Or should I just go with a real soft street tire for my "comp" wheels?

So many questions....thanks for your advice!!