View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 08:58 AM
jaball77
Wanna buy a monkey?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by OversteerS2K
1)Retail the Si. A private salecould bring $12K.
Lease a base RX-8 (sounds like you'll have to do about 18K mi. per year on it, though). It'll suit your needs as a daily driver and you can throw an extra set of wheels in the back seat with an entire trunk to spare. With the almost certain bumping of the 2.0 S-2000 to AS, it'd be the car to have in BS (assuming to Boxster also gets bumped up). There was one in Atlanta with just an alignment, front bar, and Victo's and he was very close in times to the top 3 on Saturday and they were all on Hoosiers. He fell off on Sunday since his Victo's were shaved and it was a lot wetter out. I think it'll end up being a quicker car than the 350Z and MS Miata. One trophied at the Houston Tour a couple months ago. I know you've already driven one and liked it.

2)Keep the Si. Buy a 1.6L Miata or 1st gen MR2 and prep it for STS2. I'm guessing that $5 to $7K would give you a divisionally competitive set-up and a reliable car. It would also be a, relitively, inexpensive class to run.

3)Send Greddy a LOT of money and run SM in your Si.

Albert's not your only regional comp. anymore. Jason Minehart's RSX-S will be the car/driver to beat all year in GS.
Yeah, what kind of bullshit is that? How the hell did the RSX-S get dumped to GS? No fair!

I would LOVE to get into an RX-8 6-peed. I drove one at the dealership over on Florida and I absolutely loved it. The main reason I can't lease a car is because I put almost 25k a year on my car now, and I don't think that would go over too well, haha... And I'm looking at buying a house toward the end of '05, so I definitely don't want to start any more of this car payment crap.

I'll have to check out an MR2... But I think Jesse just wants more competition.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!