Old 01-18-2002, 06:47 AM
ponchoV8
99ProblemsButABitchAin't1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 97 Z-28 is almost done; probably by mid-02. A few more items to help with traction and consistency like DRs and a shifter and shift light mid to low 13s will satisfy me and this daily driver of mine. I need this car to remain reliable and convenient because I plan on waiting until a few years after the supposed 5th gens come out before I buy my first new car. In the meantime I can use this car to help rebuild my credit. I initially wanted to get my 97 into the 11s on spray with a stock longblock but I realized that all the $$$$ and time I put towards my 97 would make it into a fussy daily driver; no thanks. I figured the money would be put to better use restifying my 81 T/A.

Now onto my ultimate F-bod thats been sitting in my parents driveway for about 6 years:

1981 Turbo Trans Am already equipped with a 75 Pontiac 400 and Richmond Street 5-speed.

Engine:
-balanced and blueprinted Indian Adventures block (displacement and cam to be decided)
-dry sump conversion
-forged pistons and rods; properly prepped Pontiac Nodular crank
-prepped Wenzler Super Chief or Edelbrock Performer heads w/ shaft mounted roller rockers or stud girdle over full roller rockers
-cam gear drive
-custom fuel injection set-up on Edelbrock Victor intake
-MSD crank trigger ignition
-dual 3-inch exhaust with X-pipe cutouts before Borla XR1 race mufflers
-at least 600-700hp N/A

Drivetrain:
-Lakewood blow-proof bellhousing
-hydraulic throwout bearing conversion
-Hays billet flywheel w/ Mcleod dual disk clutch+p.p.
-Richmond Street 5-speed w/ Gears Vendors overdrive unit
-carbonfiber driveshaft
-Moser 12 bolt with 3.70 gears
-complete road race ready 13-inch Baer Claw brakes

Suspension:
-Global West tubular front A-arms
-Koni adjustable race shocks
-factory WS6 or Hotchkiss 2nd gen suspension (whichever is stiffer) w/Energy Suspension urethane bushings
-weld-in subframe connectors

-full roll cage no back seats fiberglass replacement 77-81 hood and trunk lid from U.S.Body.com Recaro race seats Simpson race harness full set of Autometer gauges installed within factory engine-turned dash face and other stuff

=I swear my goal is to one day enter the BluBlocker 100 (formerly Silver State Challenge; they keep changing the name) open road race in Nevada hopefully in the 160-up mph classes after proper driving classes of course.

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!" -Conan