The Projects Watch out in this hood ! Current And Past Ford Project Topics Only.

Progress of a neverending project!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope.

I have had 2 major wrecks.

Flipped one 6 times and got T boned by a kid doing 50 in the other.

Any more and I am a dead man. I liked of not recovered from the T bone.

Sorry.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by 500HPLX
Nope.

I have had 2 major wrecks.

Flipped one 6 times and got T boned by a kid doing 50 in the other.

Any more and I am a dead man. I liked of not recovered from the T bone.

Sorry.
Your cars?

“My advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard".
Old 07-01-2009, 05:18 AM

The rollover was my car. Ya know, they dont drive worth a damn when you get them off the road at a 110!

The T bone was my best friends 88 Kenny Bell blown hatch, we had been building that car for about 3 years. I took it out for a test drive before a Sunday afternoon football game and when I didnt come back they came looking for me. Kid hit me in the drivers door and I never even saw it coming. Couldnt have told you the color of the car, until I finally was be able to get out and see it. Took the entire front end off of his Firebird, was gone, nothing red left on it from the windshield forward. Engine and suspension all mashed to the left and that was it. Looked like a f-ing plane crash.

The worst part was I hadn't even been able to get on the hatch and open it up yet! I was criusing about 55 and looking for the fuzz down on Big Bend road, was going to go out to the interstate and open it up coming back, once I had cleared the area.

Luckily my bud and I had good insurance and the kids insurance was worried I would sue, so they were all very generous with his car and he got to keep it. My ass got "midnightcoupe" into the ride he has now. I joke with him I paid for it with my ass and blood!

I wound up sueing anyway. Had too, i was to fucked up to work for three months and I have permanet injuries.

Last edited by 500HPLX; 07-01-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Blasphemer

Wow dude that sucks ass. Good thing it was a firebird. Sounds like because they are so low to the ground on the front end that it kind of scooped up underneath your car.

And... yeah they dont handle well on the shoulder at 110. lol

Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 AM

Yeah is sucked, Thank God it had sub frame connectors on it. It shoved the door jam/floorboard all the way into it under the seat. Molded the damn door around me in the seat. When my bud was parting out the car, he had to use a crow bar to get my shoes out from under the pedals. If I can get some pics scanned I will post some up.

Total carnage. The firemen couldn't believe I got myself out of the car and was on my feet.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Still CREEPIN

When you were telling me about that on the phone i couldn't stop cringing Ben. Shits brutal!!

Get the parts you ordered yet?

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 07-01-2009, 02:30 PM

Got it all Monday. I worked on it some last night. The UPR smog bracket is not the same deminsions as the Ford Racing smog pump elminator bracket. I had to take that blower almost off to get it shimed for the pulleys to line up again.

I need a 3 G voltage regulator harness pig tail. I got the alternator from someone who didn't use it and didn't realize it didn't have that pigtail.

I will be on it more tomorrow afternoon and Friday. should be up by the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 500HPLX; 07-01-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Still CREEPIN

Good shit brother!!!

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 AM

IT LIVES!

So far I have about a 100 miles on it with no issues. (Knock on wood)

Has only hit about 205 deg in I-4 traffic, with the AC on MAX. Cruise temp is about 165-170.

The pump controller looks to be doing its thing. doesnt seem to be as rich and so far the pump is happy.

I am going to fill it up today and check the mpg. I have tried to stay out of the boost on this tank.

Yeah right, LOL!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Still CREEPIN

Stay out of boost my ass! Lol

Let that bitch have it!!!

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME