FlatTire EF/ED7 Build

Old 11-28-2011, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like it .

Official TR "EK" Krew member #57
Old 11-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Not harsh, just truthful

Ef is looking great dude! Very nice progress!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:11 PM

Alright Ladies and Gents, I have since gotten rid of my hatch and worked my way back into a Wagon. I'll keep you posted as I can but times are tough. Blue is how I got it Black is how I made it.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Has teh VTEK!

nice wagon
DC-Crew #37
STRICKLY MT
Old 03-10-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by The Fast Acura
nice wagon
Thanks but the wagon's gone.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:58 AM

Here's the new ride

All strapped down and ready to go home.

Just dropped it off at the shop for a new front tire. Also awaiting the arrival of my new mirrors.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by FlatTireRacer
Thanks but the wagon's gone.
Lil update. I loved Florida but Florida didn't love me back... I moved back to Texas. Had too much legal debt and have been dealing with that ever since I returned.

Just so you know though I have not quit the Honda game. I picked this up just the other day. Don't pick her apart too badly, she's been sitting for a while. It's a real EX sedan which makes it almost as rare as finding an unmolested 99-2000 Si. These are from the ride home.

So I knew it didn't run when I bought it. Got out and started doing some 'detective' work this afternoon. Found out that it wasn't a timing belt that snapped. The joker that previously owned it ran it out of oil! Locked the poor girl up tighter than a drum. Sucks. I was really hoping it was a timing belt.

So, needless to say I am on the hunt now for one of two things. First I need to get this ol'girl running. Even if it means tossing a 1.5 bottom end in it while I rebuild the 1.6. So either a rotating bottom end from a 1.5 or a 1.6 are in immediate order. I'm saving up money as we speak, I have a few items for trades and I'm going to be contacting the local junkyards. Hopefully I can get the lil girl on the road before the sticker's run out on it.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM

bump see how this one come up

KINGS OF COMPRESSI0N
Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 PM

I finally had some spare time! That is amazing in itself, I know. So Tuesday got off work from my day/morning job and dug right into tearing the motor down. I'll let most of the pics do the talking...

Just giving you guys a little day light tour...

The body bads...

Some dumbass dropped it off a lift is my only conclusion.

Rollers...

And on to business!

Eeeww! See the copper dust right there? That would be where the bearings are now! Fun!

There we are! Heads off block is almost ready to remove...wait... Does anyone else see something VERY wrong with this picture???

No.4 piston is still UP!! WTF?? I know, my heart sank too. I have never seen destruction of this caliber before. How do you make an engine so hot the piston sticks in the cylinder and yanks itself off the rod???

With evidence on top of the piston of head and valve contact I had to check the head. Yup! Bent valves...

That's all I have for now. I did get out and clean the bay the next day. Its all nice and white again. Cleaned the interior some too. Unfrotunately the carpet is trash along with the bottom of the rear seat. They spilled something on it.
I also recieved a D15 block from a good friend of mine but have decided not to use it. Why? 2 reasons, first it's VTEC block and I can't get the oil restricors out of either block and two, I just want to do this once so I'm gonna build the original motor and call it a day. Lol!
Hopefully the guys at the shop I used to work at will have some news for me in the next few days. Keep you guys posted and I'll keep poppin pics!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 PM

Got word from the machine shop this weekend so I got down there as fast as I could today! Good news bad news scenario. It didn't spin any mains but toasted two rods. The block actually survived!! Turns out the reason it was locked up so bad is because the #4 rod was jamming the crank up pretty bad. So I'll need to source a crank at this point and two rods. Not a problem with a friend that has one sittin in a shed with a hole in a piston. That puts three good rods, pistons, and one good crank in my grasp!! Yay!
#1 rod journal...

#4 rod journal *SMH*

Side by side here, what a good rod looks like and the one that was #4...

#4 alone...

Crank...

Damage on inside of block. This looks worse than it is. A little bit of grinding to get rid of high spots a hone and we'll be ready for pistons with new rings!

BTW that dent on the #4 journal is from where the rod finally jammed the crank from turning... OUCH!

Quick Reply: FlatTire EF/ED7 Build