2012 Lexus IS-F - CQuartz Finest - Presidential Automotive Detailing - FL

Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 AM
aka The Twanksta!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Lexus IS-F - CQuartz Finest - Presidential Automotive Detailing - FL

With just under 1000 miles, the condition of this car was mind blowing, its BRAND NEW! The owner rejected the car twice when he saw the wash scratches and holograms all over the entire car. After a couple attempts from the dealership, it was clear they could only make it worse. In the pictures below, you will see the work of an inexperienced detailer who went buff happy and left high speed buffer trails also known as "holograms" on every inch of this car. I was actually surprised there were no burns in the paint or plastic trim. I spent a total of 30 hours on this car over a period of 3 days, perfecting every inch of the cars paint. Since this car is a daily driver, we also applied CQuartz FINEST, to ensure the car is protected against the elements and make regular washes easier for a longer period of time.

Pre-Detail Inspection

Here, you can begin to see the work of an inexperienced detailer, leaving high speed buffer trails or "holograms" on every square inch of the car.

RIDS(Random Isolated Deeper Scratches) were also found in several locations on the cars finish.

Wheels

I start every detail with the wheels first. This particular client likes to drives his cars hard, so a thick layer of brake dust is pretty common!

P21S Wheel Gel makes quick work of breaking up the brake dust particles and safely cleans the wheels without harming the finish. A boars hair and EZ-Detail brush is used to clean the Brembo Calipers as well as the inner wheel barrels.

Wheels Finished.

Engine

The engine bay was relatively clean, just had a few hard water spots and a light layer of dust.

Meguiars APC was used to clean using a Swissvax Boars Hair Detail Brush to get into the tighter spots.

303 AeroSpace was used to protect and to make the plastic trim look like brand new.

Engine Finished.

Interior

The interior was in good shape, just need to be wiped down, vacuumed and protected.

It was around 10pm on the last day when I finished the interior, so it was hard to get any real after shots of the interior that turned out good, since I left my tripod at home that day.

I did manage to get a couple pretty cool shots though!

Paint Prep & Decontamination

After the initial wash, Iron-X was then used to remove any remaining iron particles or fallout that may be attached or embedded into the paint surface.

Another final wash, the paint was now stripped of any remaining wax or sealants. This will be important to ensure the CQuartz Finest Coating bonds to the car completely.

A clay bar was used with BlackFire Clay Lubricant to make sure the paint surface was smooth and free of any remaining contaminants.

Visit Our Site - Presidential Automotive Detailing
Authorized CQuartz FINEST Installer
Old 02-25-2013, 09:14 AM
aka The Twanksta!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before.

After compounding and finishing stages.

There were some deeper scratches on the rood as well. I did not manage to get an after of this one, sorry.

Before.

After compounding and finishing stages.

This is the B-Pillar After compounding and finishing stages.

CQuartz FINEST Paint Coating

This customer opted for our exclusive CQuartz FINEST Paint Coating. This coating process will help protect the car against the elements, like hard water, bird droppings, etc. FINEST will also protect your vehicle's paint finish for up to 2-years without needing to be waxed and is also highly known for its water sheeting and dust repelling capabilities, making it MUCH easier to maintain.

Each FINEST kit comes with a unique serial that is matched with the vehicle it is installed on.

Final Completed Pictures

*Sorry about the blurry photos, it was getting dark and I left my tripod at home.

Visit Our Site - Presidential Automotive Detailing
Authorized CQuartz FINEST Installer