Women speak about firearms...won't hear this on Fake News - Tampa Racing

Go Back  Tampa Racing > General > Pit Road
Women speak about firearms...won't hear this on Fake News >

Women speak about firearms...won't hear this on Fake News

Pit Road All OFF TOPIC, nonsense chatter, non-automotive related fun stuff goes here. No Nudity/No Racism/Ect

Women speak about firearms...won't hear this on Fake News

Old 06-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Registered

Default Women speak about firearms...won't hear this on Fake News

Quotable Quotes from Female Gun Owners

By Beth Alcazar

I love quotes. And I have always been a bit of a quote collector. I just really enjoy the power of words, and I have written quotes down, saved images of them or committed them to memory ever since I was a child. I’m intrigued by quotes and motivated by them, especially when the words of wisdom come from someone I already admire and respect.
If you enjoy inspirational citations as well, I’m sure you’ve probably discovered that there are a lot of great excerpts in the firearms industry, great quips and phrases that are good for a laugh, effective as a reminder or even needed as a push to do the right thing. I especially love quotable quotes from women — whether they are recognized as part of this industry or not. And here are just a few of my favorites from my ever-growing list. (What are your favorite pro-gun quotes? I’d love to add to my collection!)
“Woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself.” – Susan B. Anthony (pictured above)

“I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies.” – Annie Oakley

“The Second Amendment ensures that we have that choice, a choice not given to us by a government but a choice protected from government.” – Dana Loesch

“Being able to protect yourself is invaluable, and more women need to know that they are capable of it. I’m here to help them see that in themselves.” – Carrie Lightfoot

“The reason to get a firearm should be one of empowerment and not fear.” – Julianna Crowder

“I work to encourage everyone to talk about why they carry and challenge the stereotypes of gun owners that are put out there by people who don’t know us.” – Jenn Jaques

“I am not less inclined to own guns since my son was born — exactly the opposite. For his future and that of our country, I will continue to exercise and protect our Second Amendment right.” – Natalie Foster

“Fear of guns is nothing more than fear of the unknown.” – Gabby Franco

The reality of protection is that you never know when you’ll need it.” – Julie Golob

“Just because we wear high heels doesn’t mean we can’t pull the trigger.” – Mimi Falb

“I carry a weapon … I am my own security.” – Miranda Lambert

“I am on a personal mission to convince every woman that her gun is an essential part of her daily wardrobe.” – Jan Morgan

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html

Have a great day! [email protected] and 813-839-4281 (24 hrs)

Last edited by senor honda; 06-04-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Registered

Unfortunately for a lot of women, they are told over and over by democrats that

women are victims....and therefore must rely on the govt to take care of them,

and of course women are supposed to vote for hillary.......who always throws

in the "women as victim" card along with the racist, sexist, homophobe

accusations, just like they and Fake News call ALL Republicans.
------------------

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!

Old 06-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Registered

It was probably Republicans and males who have worked the hardest

to get firearm rights for women.
---------------

Florida's own Marian Hammer worked to get the Eddie Eagle program for

gun safety rolling in Florida. Hammer also was president of Unified

Sportsmen of Florida.
------------

The anti-self defense Fake News will not tell you that

FEMALE Marian Hammer was president of The evil National Rifle Association!
---------------

Old 06-06-2017, 12:17 AM
Registered

Old 06-30-2017, 07:01 PM
Registered

Old 07-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Registered

Google gives $2M for "gun violence prevention"

The Peacekeeper Partnership is made up of several anti-racism groups and national gun violence prevention organizations, including The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Everytown for Gun Safety and The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence is an anti-gun ownership organization.
Everytown for Gun Safety is Bloomberg's anti-gun ownership organization.
The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence is an anti-gun ownership organization.

Working with Blacks to disarm blacks and make them victims even more!
100 people shot in Chicago over July 4th 2017, mostly blacks.

But do you think black lives matter, or even the lives of YOUR family when you
cannot protect your family with a firearm?

Old 07-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Registered

Maybe you should send this thread to a woman that you care about.
-------------------

Have a great day! bobfix[email protected] and 813-839-4281 (24 hrs)
Old 08-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Registered

[h=1]Firearms Are Not a Superpower[/h] By Beth Alcazar // 08/08/2017

I had the opportunity to speak about women’s personal protection and self-defense at a Bama Carry meeting not too long ago, and I was able to take some questions toward the end of the presentation. One of those questions really hit home for me. It was powerful. It was poignant. And the asker was quite sincere and earnest in seeking an answer. She straightforwardly announced in front of our group of 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment supporters and advocates that she did not currently carry a firearm for protection. And she stated that her reasoning for this was because she was afraid that she might make a mistake or do the wrong thing. So she asked how she could gain the confidence and assurance to do “the right thing” if she were ever to make the decision to carry a gun.

My answer to this concern was actually fairly simple. And it came pretty quickly to me, since it’s something I think about quite often. I told her that I firmly believed that she would do the right thing if she carried a firearm … for the very simple fact that she will continue to live her life almost exactly the same way that she always has. Granted, she should certainly train and gain confidence with firearms, and she could continue to work on the correct mindset for self-defense. But ultimately, she will go through the motions of her normal, everyday life, just as if she did NOT have a gun with her.

That’s one of the attitudes I try to instill in my students: Firearms are not a superpower. We don’t want people going places they normally wouldn’t go or doing things they generally wouldn’t do because they somehow feel authorized or equipped with some all-powerful weapon. Having a gun does not make you a superhero, a crusader or a member of law enforcement. It does not make you accountable or responsible for the actions of others, either. It’s simply a tool — an equalizer — that can be used as a last resort.
So, for example, if someone were to verbally threaten you, you wouldn’t need a firearm. If someone were to accidentally push you to the ground, you wouldn’t need to draw your gun. If someone were to steal your wallet, you wouldn’t need to take a shot. Only if someone were to create a situation in which you believed imminent death or great bodily harm were to occur to you (or to a loved one) would you need to use a tool for self-defense … and that tool could be any weapon of opportunity or any weapon of convenience, including, but not limited to, a firearm.

We discussed some of these thoughts and scenarios within the group, and afterward, I encouraged the woman who first brought up the question to take the next steps in her firearms journey … with the understanding that life doesn’t have to drastically change with a gun. It’s the same life. You do the same things. You take the same precautions, and you go through the same motions. You continue to live the same way, every day. And while you may make a few compromises and take a few extra steps (to train, to improve and to grow), you shouldn’t have to worry about doing the wrong thing … because as a responsibly armed citizen, you will continue going about each and every day doing the right thing and living with that extra knowledge, that extra responsibility and that extra tool that may one day enable you to protect and preserve life.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:00 PM
Registered

[h=1]The Most Dangerous Place[/h] By Rick Sapp // 08/11/2017

What’s the most dangerous moment of our day? Home, late at night, when lights are off and everyone, including the cocker spaniel, is tucked into bed? The office, where an angry ex-coworker could burst inside? The gun-free-zone coffee shop, where a predator expects easy pickings?
I think the most dangerous moment is our time in a parking lot. It’s an impersonal and unpleasant place. There, we struggle with shopping bags, grocery carts, an irritable spouse and obstinate children. We send a text or place a call. We remember things forgotten. Is it worth returning? … But ah, the ice cream is melting.
Inside the car, we buckle seat belts, adjust mirrors, turn on the a/c and radio, and make sure we can back out of the parking spot without crushing some oblivious shoppers on their cell phones. The last thing we’re considering is personal safety. And that’s too bad, because parking lots are to criminals like a field of tulips to Tiny Tim. A thug knows we’re preoccupied; that we’re thinking about everything except the fact that he’s searching for a quick path to our car with the least possible exposure.
Parking lots are impersonal zones; anything can happen. Assaulted in a parking lot, you may not have time to draw a handgun. Minimize risk by getting inside the car quickly, locking the doors, starting the engine and putting it in reverse. Confronted by a thug, take your foot off the brake and allow the car to lurch backward into a fender bender while blowing the horn. That will bring people running — if only to check on their cars — and the perp will flee.

Simple Thuggery
A criminal knows you’re vulnerable in a parking lot, that you’re easy there. “Parking Lots” should be renamed “Victim Zones” — purchase a ticket and hang out here to be robbed, mugged or worse. Hundreds of incidents are recorded online:
March 29, 2017, Florence, Ohio: A 19-year-old woman was hospitalized following an assault and robbery in Walmart’s parking lot. While her husband was already inside the store, she was knocked unconscious, losing a tooth, and her jaw was broken in two places. She only remembered someone tugging at her purse before being crunched. “She’s horrifically traumatized,” the mother-in-law said. When his wife didn’t immediately come inside, the husband went to look for her. He found her on the pavement near the car. The woman’s jaw is now wired shut until it heals. The thief got away with bank cards, cell phones and cash. The ordeal left the young couple terrified. (Note to oblivious: Why would you ever abandon your family in a parking lot?)
June 22, 2017, Uniondale, Long Island, New York: A 78-year-old woman stepped out of her car in the parking lot of the Town House Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing when a man confronted her, demanding money. He grabbed her pocketbook and shoved her to the ground; she was not injured. She was lucky. (Note to reader: You could be 78 one day. Think about it.)
Road Rage
The other problem with parking lots in the 21st Century is that people are in a huge hurry, not the least bit considerate of others. Egos are thin and exposed. This makes for daily road rage just short of Mad Max: Fury Road, but really, road rage is only another form of criminality. Again, dozens of examples are available online:
July 19, 2017, San Diego, California: An argument escalated into a shooting that left a man dead in the parking lot of a strip mall outside Burlington Coat Factory on El Cajon Boulevard in La Mesa. Officers performed CPR but the man died. Witnesses saw a man and a woman, estimated to be in their 20s, run away after the shooting. Officers recovered a gun and a cell phone nearby. (Note to witnesses: Police cordoned off a section of the lot with yellow tape, leaving some parked vehicles trapped overnight. After an incident, move your car!)
July 11, 2017, Tucker, Georgia: Two motorists attempted to pass a Doritos delivery truck outside a Target store on LaVista Road. Simultaneously. Their movements resulted in an impasse; neither driver would budge. So Robert Herwing got out of his car with a bottle and poured its contents onto Tara Moody’s car; then on Tara. Tara reached inside for a handgun, whereupon Herwing dumped liquid on her a second time. (Note to Robert: Bad decision.) At that point, she shot him and drove away. Herwing remains in critical condition. Tara remains in jail. (Note to all: Boycott Target.)
Parking lots. Get in your car. Lock the door. Put the car in gear. If you are threatened, take your foot off the brake. The car will roll backward and cause a fender bender. The perp will flee.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:17 AM
Registered

[h=1]UkoalaBag: A Creative Concealed Carry Option[/h] By Beth Alcazar // 09/12/2017

I accidentally stumbled upon the UkoalaBag a few years ago, and it’s probably one of the best “accidents” ever. I have a fondness for Steampunk gear, and I happened to notice a post on Facebook about a very cool, hand-sewn bag with a variety of pockets and pouches. The eye-catching, multi-tasking design (which resembles a koala bear holding on to a tree) enables the user to carry the bag in several unique ways — from a backpack or a cross-body purse to a fun and hands-free around-the-waist or around-the-thigh setup. I thought the bag had such a unique look, so I clicked on the image to learn more. Then I discovered how exquisitely developed and meticulously crafted these bags are, with cozy, durable compartments throughout, made specifically for just about everything … even a firearm.
I immediately reached out to the company (which officially registered in 2013) and was put in touch with the designer and creator herself, Mayan. We chatted about some ideas and thoughts, and I expressed how great an idea her design is for concealed carriers. At the time I first spotted Ukoala, they indeed had bags with compartments that could work for firearms. But the original intent of the Ukoala was not as a holster. Mayan shared with me that her inspiration for the overall design came from her love for travel — and from her talent for “losing stuff all the time.” And the idea for Ukoala actually sparked when, worried about her purse being unguarded during an overnight flight, she used shoelaces to secure her bag to her thigh.
“That thought stayed with me until I saw a koala bear in Australia,” Mayan recalls. “How did this heavy animal stay so secure, way up in the trees? A hugging koala … THAT’S IT! I flattened the koala’s anatomical shape to make the bag’s base, and I used a simple mathematical calculation to tweak the angle of the curve to create absolute balance and apply it to our weight distribution system.”
Mayan is not only very thoughtful, curious, passionate and innovative, she’s also very quick to absorb feedback and to make improvements and updates to her handcrafted offerings. And people quickly recognized the Ukoala’s versatile, durable design as an ideal option for carrying a firearm, hands-free and virtually on-body.
“I always collect customer’s comments at different shows,” Mayan explains. “Since many requests were for concealed carry, in 2014, I started to design the concealed carry bag. I went to the gun store to study the guns. I watched a lot of videos online to see how people hold the weapon and what’s the first reaction when a person faces danger. I also researched concealed carry on the market. But I was not impressed by the already existing concealed carry purses with their style and functionality.”
It’s amazing how much UkoalaBag cares about its customers and how far the company has come since with so many efficient new styles and solutions. Nowadays, many of Mayan’s amazing creations are created specifically with handguns in mind.
“The holster insert and quick-draw design actually went through five generations,” Mayan states. “With CEO PJ Powell’s contribution and a lot of customer’s generosity, the design gradually matured.”
So, thanks to the great feedback — and to the listening ears at Ukoala — you can select your favorite bag from a variety of different colors, sizes, materials and designs and also choose different accessories or inserts to customize the bag to you … and to your gun.
I love to wear my Phoenix bag. It’s the best ON-BODY, off-body holster I have! (Best of both worlds: hands-free, yet still so accessible and on my body at all times.) I find that it’s a durable, sturdy and secure holster option at an easily accessible height and angle for quickly retrieving my Glock 43 … and for toting a lot of my other “everyday” gear, like my phone, knife, wallet, flashlight, sunglasses and keys. I am currently using Nate Squared Tactical’s Bag Holster, but you can purchase one of Ukoala’s adjustable nylon holsters or velcro-backed Kydex inserts that secures right into the designated pocket.
I’m sure you can see how these bags are attractive to men and women of all ages, from those who love biking, hiking, fishing, traveling and being in the outdoors to those who just like being organized with the items they take with them when they’re out and about. From baby gear to survival gear, whatever your need or your reason, there’s a whole lot of love — and a whole lot of ingenuity — in these comfortable, customizable concealed carry bags.

Quick Reply: Women speak about firearms...won't hear this on Fake News

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: