Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Econo Paint Ek Coupe

Old 09-27-2009, 09:45 PM
5th ej1 one in the making

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah ive been picking as hell with my paintjobs also ive had serveral cars painted for 1,000 plus and the Econo paint on my Currect car shows no difference..
Old 09-28-2009, 05:51 AM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

the pic of the fender you can see the orange peel even from here
Old 09-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by pure_kustoms
the pic of the fender you can see the orange peel even from here
Yep - sure can. Thats how the paintjob is from those places. Honestly, I wasn't even paying attention to it. They didn't miss any spots and the paint doesn't have any rocks in it and isn't flaking off = a good paintjob for Econo.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Coming Soon

Originally Posted by Hybrid_Ej1
Yeah ive been picking as hell with my paintjobs also ive had serveral cars painted for 1,000 plus and the Econo paint on my Currect car shows no difference..
Wow! You payed up to $1000+ for a paintjob - damn thats high end!

I payed that much in materials to paint my car...
Old 09-28-2009, 09:53 AM
refinish artist

Just because it's sprayed decent(which it wasn't looking at how bad it's peeled)doesn't mean it's gonna last.Prep,clenlyness,and good materials goes a long way.

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 09-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

Originally Posted by carznmore
Lol you must not know about me. . My brother is one of the top 15 painters in the state and 90% of my closest friends own paint shops ive been in the paint business damn near my whole life. . Im saying for the price that i paid for a quick 3day job from them to flip a few cars it was great im not saying they are the best place ever but as far as wanting something better then spray paint on a budget go for it.

I didn't know they ranked Painters by state? So who is your brother? Maybe i know of him

Lethal Fab
Old 09-29-2009, 07:16 AM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

Originally Posted by BAMF
Yep - sure can. Thats how the paintjob is from those places. Honestly, I wasn't even paying attention to it. They didn't miss any spots and the paint doesn't have any rocks in it and isn't flaking off = a good paintjob for Econo.
and i bet if you go to wet sand and buff you will tear thru, because it more likely only has like two or three coats on it
Old 09-29-2009, 05:51 PM

Really I know PPG has a small thing that rates the painters in the shop But there is no current rating status for painters in Fl SO I dont care if you have grown up around these hack shops that would even consider thinking a econo paint job looks just as good but I am a head painter at a Mercedes Infinity nissan dealer in the area and have been recognized as one of the best central fl painter For PPG. And like everyone else has picked out you can see the orange peel on it. How about pay a real painter on here who uses real products to do A spray out card and clear it with R81 and see how it matches up. That sigle stage bs will not last I will bet a years salary on it and in 6 mo it will have faded 6 shades or more. you might not notice it but it will. Im not trying to be a dick im stating the truth . There is no UV protection it the paint. Real autobody paint carries a unconditional LIFETIME WARRANTY. And I will Gladly meet up with you to point out atleast 10 wrong things on that car. If you really want to just see for yourself, you know since you have a warranty and all. Take a piece of 2" TAPE tan masking from homedepot or something and stick it on a edge like where the window molding meets the door press it firmly and rip it off . There will be peeling in atleast 5-6 different areas around the car. They dont sand it or tape it right there HACKS. Good paint costs more then what you paid to get that whole thing done
Old 09-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

Originally Posted by pure_kustoms
and i bet if you go to wet sand and buff you will tear thru, because it more likely only has like two or three coats on it
and how many coats of clear do you put on? im pretty sure the standard is 2-3 depending on how you spray it, then let it cure block it out and you can add more clear.

Lethal Fab
Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by killerMikeD
and how many coats of clear do you put on? im pretty sure the standard is 2-3 depending on how you spray it, then let it cure block it out and you can add more clear.
damn you beat me to it, alot of ppl think the more clear coats the better but thats not entirly true. what ive seen a lot of time that these places fail to do is use good paint and prep properly before spraying. once the cheap paint flakes off you can see the nice shiny clear from before that wasnt sanded. so if you did all the body work and preped it for econo then it should last somewhat longer