Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Painting Indented Surface on Bumper.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:54 PM
wrd.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Indented Surface on Bumper.

Here is an Integra rear bumper. As you can see on the top right of the bumper, it has INTEGRA indented into it. I want to paint the inside of the letters black. What would be the best method of doing this? Could some of you painters on here give me a quote on this really small job?

Thanks!

Old 12-22-2008, 11:27 PM
man of leisure

you might try doing it yourself. get the color you want. there are online sites' that sell auto paint in spray can format and you can just tape off the area and paint it. use the black that acura used for the integra like yours. i painted my grill myself and the interior trim pieces using paint from these guys:Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Paint Touch Up Accessories

here's some pics of the outcome. of course i also clearcoated all of it. it may not be professional, but for $30. it came out pretty good. 1st pic is factory painted grill versus my ghetto painted open mouth grill.

Your car is German. Your vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics are Chinese. Your numbers Arabic, your letters Latin. And you complain that your neighbor is an immigrant? Pull yourself together!

Old 12-22-2008, 11:44 PM
wrd.

^ looks good.

I would try on my own to paint it, and I really dont have an issue with it. Its just the fact that I dont want to mess up.. since it would be an expensive mistake it it came out looking bad!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:03 AM
man of leisure

that's understandable. i've done similar jobs on my own cars before and totally fucked up good parts. if your not comfortable doing it then by all means get it done professionally. there's a shop on hillsborough right after you pass nebraska ave. their right next to the "rent a wheel" shop. their in the same building, but on the other side of the parking lot. they do painting in addition to their other services.
Your car is German. Your vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics are Chinese. Your numbers Arabic, your letters Latin. And you complain that your neighbor is an immigrant? Pull yourself together!

Old 12-23-2008, 08:49 AM
That ginger...

King, do you mean driven concepts? If so, you might want to take a look in their shop forum They aren't around anymore...
Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 AM
man of leisure

yeah, it's driven concepts. wow at the bullshit that popped up around them.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:07 PM
wrd.

^ thanks anyways man.

can anyone else chime in?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:32 AM
The names "Skeezy1"

tape over it with the blue painters tape, cut out letteres with razor.

and paint

i would suggest to paint the lower portion of the bumber black too.
(the air diffuser thing)
Old 12-24-2008, 09:08 AM
wrd.

^ I dont want to knick the paint though. I'm really particular with this car. And I really dont like it when the lower portion of the bumper is painted black, doesnt look that great to me. It just depends on what Integra its done to..
Old 12-24-2008, 01:57 PM

scoth brite and a brush