Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

$189 Macco vs. $3000+ Paint jobs

Old 02-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Cronic Masterbater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt go to maaco or econo for shit ive seen so many paint jobs where they sprayed right over e coat. for those who want a good paint job pay the $$$$$, its worth it materials arent cheap and never settle for single stage after a while it has no gloss unless u wax that shit weekly. not too familiar with dupont i paint with the diamont system but basf has a higher end and again the materials arent cheap pay the $$$$$$$$$.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Rick James bitch

My father & grandfather are painters/body men. Have been doing it since they were in their teens. Luckily my grandfather owns a shop to paint my project & I have spoke to them about cost of the paint & that shit is costly. They also prefer certain types of bondo & sand paper that they use.
TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member #14

T & C Racing

What VP Race fuel's should we carry?

FT Crew Mascot lol
Gotta love my hater fan club. I love the fact people worry about me 24/7 Ill never be forgotten. I love you guys.....
Old 03-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Ecotec y0!

yah im also lucky, if i ever need anything painted all i have to pay is cost, and i even get that for a discount, its good to have family who can paint.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Shaved Accord

This is very true. My old neighbor owned a paint store and gave me a big discount on the paint I used for my Accord when it was being painted DWP and I still spent roughly $1,000 in materials for paint, pearl, clear, basemaker, hardner / reducer.. and so on.

The guy who painted my car was my friends dad and he worked for Macco. He told me they did the half ass jobs because of the money they paid them and what not. Now when he painted my Accord in his booth at his house, it looked like a factory job. Absolutely no over spray, all windows were taken out, doors were taken off the car, bumpers were off, fenders were off, part of motor was pulled, interior was gutted.. and I paid him a good amount since he went out of his way to make sure it looked like an OEM paint job.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:25 PM

hey man i got a paint job from mike...i got a $3000 + dollar paint job from this guy and it only cost about $300 for materials and we got all the good stuff...
Old 03-17-2007, 07:18 PM

oh yeah and thats mike from intense import concepts and the total price was only $1500

Contact Mike (727) 514-2313 or @ mike@intenseimportconcepts.com

IntenseImportConcepts.Com

Old 03-18-2007, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by vip18971
Yeah, the moral of this story is MAACO sucks.
hmm my boss got econo her shit looked horrible,, my friend payed 900 at maacos idk why he payed 900,, but i know he gota 4 year warranty and his black paint job that he got on his monte carlo looked the same if not better and shinier then a brand new car with black paint.... i'd go with maacos before i'd go with econo.. oh and 3000 dollar plus paint jobs DONT DO IT,, unless your car is worth a LOT,, dont eveerrrr ,, lemme say EVER put a 3k plus paint job on a civic or any other cheap rice burnere they're for cars that r worth at least more then 30 k
Old 03-19-2007, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by vip18971
^ If someone got that much overspray on my bumper and trim I'd punch them in the face. Je-sus Christ.

I had my Civic done there, spent something like 600-700 dollars. They fucked it up 5 times before I just left unhappily. There were ROCKS in the paint, as well as the usual overspray, orange peel, runs, etc.
umm in those pics ur talking about thats dust from sanding the car, DUH!

Originally Posted by Lime_Green_Hatch
i carry a gun because so many other losers and wanna be gangsters do.
Originally Posted by JH26
Morty,

The fact that I have red hair and no soul makes me very angry. I just wanted to let you know that when I swear and sling insults at you, its really because deep down inside, I hate myself. Please buy me some hair dye for my birthday.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Asian Girls Are Hot !

well paying 10 grand for a paint job is stupid if you are keeping it OEM . you might as well go buy another car for that price . Why would you buy say a Honda civic and kit it with a regular body kit ..front , rear and side skirts ...basic bolt on kit ...not a mold your ass off widebody ..then just want your bumpers to match the reg OEM color of your car and pay 10 grand ...forget that its pointless exp when 10 grand can basically almost buy u a new car . I would spry can my car myself before paying 10 grand on a apint job for a civic . i mean can few cans of Dupicolor and a few cans of clear coat and you got it .
Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Alot of people dont know the difference between economy paint and a decent paint job. Overspray should be the least of your problems when talking about a paint job. You should never have any over spray on any job IMO. As far as taping up moldings and windows and stuff, this is where alot of the cost comes in.

If I am quoting out a paint job and I have to do all the removal and installation of : door handles, windows, moldings, antennas, bumpers etc...this is very much considered in the price of the job. R + I ing a whole car is a time consuming task. And not to mention the fresh paint on top of that. this makes it a long process when putting a car back together without damaging panels that are freshly painted.

If you were to bring the car in ready to prep and mask vs. Removing everything prepping and masking, then reinstalling everything. You could be talking around 500-1000 and up difference depending on the shop and the car.

Also paint brand is a BIG consideration in pricing a paint job. Basically you get what you pay for. the cheaper the clear, the less protection its going to provide your vehicle in the florida sun. Thus goes for the basecoat and so on and so on.

And yes, sand paper and tape also come into play in the grand scheme of the pricing game. We could talk about this all day.

It basically comes down to what you are able to spend on a paint job. If you want something long lasting that will look good for a while then expect to spend more than the Maaco "Bait and hook" prices....

Hope I have been helpful.
"Diamonds are forever!"