Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Help Save Nissan Tech!!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM
buildin' it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Save Nissan Tech!!

What is it going to take to bring Nissan Tech back to life?

Many of us are starting to do things to bring TR as a whole back to what TR should have been all along.
The recent meet was huge evidence that TR isn't dead yet, and a revival is totally possible.

that got me thinkin. Dangerous, I know.

What about Nissan tech?

Nissan tech was second only to the honda section as far as active members, active threads, and daily post counts.
What is it going to take to bring Nissan Tech back?
What features do you want to see in the Nissan section that we don't have?
What things need changed?
What do you like? What do you not like? What could be better?

I've said for a long time that the stickies in Nissan Tech just aren't up to snuff. It seems like we lost a lot of users to places like Nico simply because we didn't have the information here.
What do you want to see as far as stickies go?

The for sale section, in my opinion, has always been a bit hit or miss as far as quality goes. For a while, it seems to be really good, then it seems to fall apart and become a mess.
What rules do you want to see enforced in the For sale section?
What changes would make it better? what existing rules are good ones? which ones are stupid ones?

In my humble opinion, Nissan Tech should be the example the rest of TR follows.

So what would be your prefect version of Nissan Tech?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

I think asking prices should be required. Why wait for someone to ask how much YOU want for YOUR part. Post a asking price.
Don't just post a link to a for sake post somewhere else. Copy and paste your add here as well in vase the other one you linked to disappears. Plus I would prefer to get away from linking to other sites. It's not hard to post your full add here.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Fuckin' Lingerer

I think maybe getting some good stickies up, DIY's and how to do's. Bring some good info to Nissan Tech.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 AM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by Tom N
I think asking prices should be required. Why wait for someone to ask how much YOU want for YOUR part. Post a asking price.
Don't just post a link to a for sake post somewhere else. Copy and paste your add here as well in vase the other one you linked to disappears. Plus I would prefer to get away from linking to other sites. It's not hard to post your full add here.
good points with the for sale threads. Its funny, an asking price is actually one of the rules. I'm with you on that. If you want to sell something, post a price.
I agree with the posting a full ad too. If you're gonna sell in Nissan tech, at least do a proper post and sell in nissan tech.
I don't mind that you include the link to another thread as long as the link isn't the only thing in the post.

I've always been a big fan of pictures too. I know we all know what a lot of parts look like, but at the same time, I'd like to know how beat up it is before driving out to meet you just to turn it down because it is all banged up.

Originally Posted by DSMJeff
I think maybe getting some good stickies up, DIY's and how to do's. Bring some good info to Nissan Tech.
Gonna start working on that.
Post up suggestions for stickies you want to see.
I'm thinking having one big sticky, an ultimate sticky, linking to a whole bunch of threads. Get it all sorted out and make it useful.

What should go in the "Ultimate Nissan Sticky" ?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Because race car…

For Sale Threads,

Some FS forums require a picture to even post. I dont think that is a terrible idea. Asking prices is alwasys good. I've seen limits on the number of timse an OP can bump their thread too. Each have their merit. There are a few posts currently in the FS section that floow a similar format with an itemized discription and then pix. Those look nice and will help the items sell. If its enforced the format you choose will work. If its not it will be much like it is today, very random.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Because race car…

This might not be a popular idea, but I think making the "what did you do to your Datsun today" a sticky and getting it out of the way should be considered. Plus, it needs to be monitored the make sure tech stuff doesnt get dropped into it. Its actually more of a lounge piece anyway...it shouldnt be in the tech area because its just a quick story about what you did to your ride, not a question to be answered.

For example: I got some new wheels and tires for my 240z this weekend and here are some pix...posted in it.

Not: Why wont my SR20 idle properly?? followed by details of the issue...that needs its own thread in the tech spot.

IMO any way.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:02 AM
let down & hangin around

I agree with the FS post requiring pictures and prices. I also hate FS post that link to craiglist.

In reference to the stickies, there is an insane amount of quality information on this site from former posters 2000-2010 era, it's just not as easy to search as it used to be. Maybe a category listing informative post from the past? (Vehicle specific, sub-categories (fuel,tuning,suspension,etc..)) We could have a research thread with link backs, then we can all sit around and argue its validiaty? Sounds productive, no??
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
buildin' it

ok, so revamping the for sale rules is on the to-do list.
we'll take a look at the general rules for the section too.

you're right, there is an insane amount of info. Some of it is insanely good. I remember some of Epstien's suspension write ups. So mind blowing that I've never really found anything like it anywhere else specific to our cars.
So, if you want to start digging through the old threads, feel free.
When you come across something good, either post the link to it in here, or pm it to me.
I'm planning on starting that process of digging through it, seeing what I can find, and just getting it all listed in one place. then sorting through it.
Originally Posted by black&white
We could have a research thread with link backs, then we can all sit around and argue its validiaty? Sounds productive, no??
I like that idea.
If you find a thread, or article, or anything, post it up there, maybe a few details about it, why it is awesome, and we'll see if it is sticky worthy and get it added to the list.

keep the ideas coming.

big ideas, little ideas, sticky ideas, ideas to get the section more active, whatever you think of.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

I have been so busy lately but will get the shop/vendor list together soon.

I am in favor of my rules for posting in Mitsu for sale section.
I would like to use the rule that EVOm uses that all items must have a picture with a sign that has your user name written on it. Helps prevent scams.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:43 PM

Maybe make the What Did You Do Today thread a sticky, but there should definitely be a FSM sticky. You can use the NICO page.. its always up

@Tom: the picture thing is a little too much. TR is not a national forum, and most people buy parts in person.