Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

SR Swap help

Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SR Swap help

My KA just blew and so Im going to put an SR in it. What shop to you guys recommend I go to for the install? I have about 5k to spend (for parts + labor), so probably just going to get a basic swap. If I can get more then that, then even better! I was thinking of going to Z Fever, but Ive read a lot of mixed reviews on them. It would a HUGE help if you guys can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 AM
JDM cavaliers

How come you're not willing to do it yourself? Swapping an SR into an s-chassis is almost a complete bolt in job.

...and then I wondered why I was on Stanceworks forums...
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 AM

My friend and I have done a few swaps at his house, but he doesnt have any of his tools anymore and I dont have any. We could rent tools, but would only be able to do it on the weekends. He also has to take care of his kids on the weekend. So I wanted to just have a shop do it so I can get my car back ASAP. Plus my friend isnt that reliable and I think it would take a long time before it actually got finished. Im one of his best friends and it still takes him days to text me back.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Because race car…

Based on your situation I think youre leaning in the right direction. You could do a lot worse than Z-Fever.

There is something to be said for doing the swap yourself and knowing whats been done. There i also something to be said for knowing what your limitations are, and for you its time and tools. With that sort of cash you should be able to get what you want and have piece of mind knowing if there is an issue, the shop that did it will/should help you out.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM
i has double turbo

what shape is your car in? could easily buy another 240 already sr swapped for that price then swap the good parts around then sell whats left

my honda sounds like a lawnmower, because it is one.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by rhart
Based on your situation I think youre leaning in the right direction. You could do a lot worse than Z-Fever.

There is something to be said for doing the swap yourself and knowing whats been done. There i also something to be said for knowing what your limitations are, and for you its time and tools. With that sort of cash you should be able to get what you want and have piece of mind knowing if there is an issue, the shop that did it will/should help you out.
Yea thats what I was thinking. Im just not sure on the price. 5k for a stock SR and install seems like a lot of money to me. I would think that I could get a lot more for that amount of money. How much does it cost for the motor, tranny and parts?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by sean1
what shape is your car in? could easily buy another 240 already sr swapped for that price then swap the good parts around then sell whats left
That is an option. My car is in pretty good shape. One of the cleanest Ive seen that hasnt had work done to it. Interior is pretty much perfect. Exterior has some small paint chips/dings. Everything works perfectly in the car except the motor.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM
JDM cavaliers

Shit for $5k you can have my sr with nice parts on it and I'll install it lol

...and then I wondered why I was on Stanceworks forums...
Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Sean should install it lol
Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM

Lol Im willing to buy someones SR, Im looking for one now. I would rather not wait to get one shipped from Japan. My friend MIGHT be doing it, in which case I could put some more money toward the car.

Quick Reply: SR Swap help