Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Figure this out!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what was the voltage drop to the fuel pump ? Or did you just repalce it just cuz? What is the actual fuel pressure? Why do you think it is a fuel problem?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:25 PM

Replaced the distributor because cyl. 2 & 3 were not receiving the same spark as 1 & 4. Plus when I removed the distributor it looked like shit. Set the car to TDC, because I pulled the distributor. Replaced the plugs and wires, because they looked like shit and probably had 10000000 miles on them. Replaced the fuel pump, because when we pulled it from the tank it sounded like a dying cordless power tool and the new pump was free. Wired the fuel pump to acc to eliminate power issues and it took like 5 min. Replaced the fuel filter, because it was 10 bucks and I would have to spend 5 bucks just to try the car without using a filter. Sooooo yeah considering I am broke and have no idea what is wrong I will replace old parts when they are either free or cost less than 10 bucks and may fix it. I think it is a fuel problem, because I have air and spark... leads me to believe I need fuel. Plus I can squeeze the feed line together with my fingers when its primed.

Last edited by supbro; 06-03-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Z28ricer
I know the source of the problem.

Owner is a very dim bulb.

An owner that trashed the quarter panels, to run bolton wheel spacers with wheels that already require a roll and pull, its no wonder this thing doesnt run.

Um...... why are you even posting???? This is completely useless info brah... and I didn't "trash" my quarter panels.?.? I did however pull them so my csts' didn't look like everyone else. Also.... please tell me how this is relative to me having typical Ka gremlins?????
Old 06-03-2010, 02:13 PM

me and my thoughts of reading the post would say...
if u can pinch the like have u tryed a different FPR???
do you know for sure that the pump is putting out volume...
i have had a fuel pump sound brand new. but it didnt push but 1gph...
when u wired to ignition.
how did you do it?
are you sure ur timing is set right.
are you sure ur injectors are working???
have you tried a diff ecu if u have one to see if thats the problem?
Old 06-03-2010, 02:41 PM
drifter

ohm test the injectors its free and takes 5 sec, they should be close to 11.8 , but what is the problem again
Old 06-04-2010, 03:44 AM

^sweet thanks for the help. I will test the injectors' electrical resistance and the fpr next.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:40 PM
nearly undead

sounds like an fpr to me....

FAX
Originally Posted by Shadytrixta1
lulwhat? where? custom gutted? didnt know that was a mod unless of course we're talking vtec!
Originally Posted by sean1
if it has tits or wheels its gonna cost lots of money

Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 AM
buildin' it

in my experience, working/good parts aren't free. I'd bet you replaced your crap fuel pump with another crap fuel pump.

Like everyone else has been sayin, you have to give more info. You have yet to say if this car was ever running. Does it start? How did it die? Did it run like shit for a while then finally give up or was it an all of the sudden thing?
How do you know you are getting spark?
How do you know the timing is right?
What does it do when you try to start it?

We can't see the car. We don't know anything about your car and its history. Hell, we don't even know if you know how to use a wrench.
Give good info, get good info.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 AM

Well If someone wants to come by and can get it running I am willing to pay $100 dollars. If you can't get it running I will buy you lunch and some beer. The car ran for a couple of weeks, but made ~100 hp it felt like. Then I switched my fuel rail and it ran even worse and made me think there was no spark. So I put my old fuel rail on and drove it home where it died. Just completely took a shit. I have no idea whats up. If someone thinks they can fix it you have lunch and beer and $100 bucks.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:47 PM

why dose a fuel rail effect the way your car runs??

my lag is your courtesy head start

ATTENTION.... installing a head gasket, head studs or pistons and rods in your otherwise STOCK engine dose not make it a "built" engine! stop listing you cars for sale saying they are built when its not!!