Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Nissan/Infiniti Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/nissan-infiniti-tech/)
-   -   short ram on ka24de? (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/nissan-infiniti-tech/268146-short-ram-ka24de.html)

Jordan T 10-31-2005 06:38 AM

short ram on ka24de?

just need some stuff answered. im moving the intake to the left side of the engine bay, i already relocated the battery. how do i get rid of all the emissions crap? vang said somthing about welding somthing. just basicly clueless here. help me out!

Animosity 10-31-2005 07:17 AM

i would like to know as well:'(

I'm Phucked 10-31-2005 07:21 AM

I did this 2 yrs. ago on a friend's car with home depo pvc. Just lenghten things that need to be lengthened to get to opposite side of engine bay cut battery tray if you want cold air or future IC piping and drive off with a slightly more aggressive sounding car. I doubt it added any power just changed exhaust note.

Epstein 10-31-2005 07:22 AM

for Vang's welding comment, there is an iron "dealy" on the rear of the intake manifold right under the 4th runner, held on by 3 12mm bolts. You'll need to either weld that hole (aluminum) on the manifold, or weld the hole on that iron piece and bolt it back on. If you're MacGuyer, you can just JBWeld it.

You'll also be left with a hole on the exhaust manifold, which doesn't require welding. For this you can do the $0.05 trick. On the exhaust side, there is a ~3/4" pipe with a nut/thread on it. Hack the pipe off just after the nut. Unbolt nut, insert a nickel into bung, retighten the nut. Done.

The rest of it is just capping off vacuum hoses. If you're eliminating the charcoal canister, then you'll be left with a single vacuum hose to the FPR from the back of the intake manifold. If it's an S13, there may be some secondary butterfly garbage, too. Don't know, never seen it.

Removing emmisions parts results in a gain of 0hp, by the way.

Animosity 10-31-2005 09:25 PM

thanks, yes i knew it gained 0 RWHP:-P, i just dont like messing with the god damn 24mm bolt thats on the god damn header, WD-40 + a 130 lb guy = an hour and a half trying to break it loose. thing was a fucking bitch

Jordan T 11-01-2005 06:15 AM

the short ram should bring a few hp.

SmokinS13SR20 11-01-2005 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by stealthtrueno
the short ram should bring a COUPLE hp.

fixed :grin:

Jordan T 11-02-2005 07:06 AM

yeah well, whateva! i think im just gonna get vang to help me out with it.

RubberBerner 11-02-2005 11:53 AM

I did it on my single cam like 3 years ago, its a lot easier on the obdI ka's...I don't understand why you'd have to eliminate the EGR anyways though?! EGR Improves gas mileage and lowers cylinder temp- I'd leave that...now the evap system -- thats just useless :lol:

JDMjunkie 11-07-2005 09:18 AM

did everything turn out good battery relocation short ram ? hopefully you can get pics up soon