Some Recent Nissan Activity @ Hybrid Motorsports

Old 09-10-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Recent Nissan Activity @ Hybrid Motorsports

Some jobs are small so we'll compile a few jobs together to keep this clean, for more on these jobs or our work in general visit the shop forum here:

Hybrid Motorsports

Skyline Fuel System Upgrade:

Well the last time we were on the dyno to tune the GTR we ran into high injector duty cycle, so we knew the aged fuel system probably would want to be revamped to unlock the potential.

So it was decide:

*Aeromotive's new stealth 340lph was a good choice and will leave us with plenty room for improvement.

* FIC Bosch ev14 775cc injectors would also be more than sufficient for the moment.

* Fuel Lab regulator

* Higher flowing fuel rail

* upgraded lines

Before:

We then began removing the old fuel system components.

With the old system removed we began comparing & mocking up the new parts!

Regulator installed

After:

The end result was a decent a 60+ whp/hp improvement over our last time at the dyno on what was definitely a warmer day!!

We like to thank Alpha @ Induction Performance for the tune and some last minute setup issues we had We appreciate your extra time spent with everything overall.

2006 Nissan 350z inspection

Customer brought in his beautiful Turbo Z for inspection. He was experiencing some smoke on high rpm, noticeable exhaust leak, some vibration (possibly parts touching the chassis) and a high idle.

So we immediately considered the turbo to be suspect due to the smoke on top end, valve seal would have presented itself on start up & rings all the time.... So more that likely it was turbo seals failing as oil pressure raised with rpm... was the most logical thought. so we began to inspect turbo shaft play & look for oil in the piping:

This is what we found:

Turbo outlet:

Intercooler inlet:

Turbo:

So we wondered what cause this pre-mature seal failure? we tested for compressor surge that was fine, obviuosly good oil supply , we were unable to check correct oil feed restrictor sizing as this would have been an involved process, So we ran the serial numbers on the chra with our garrett distributor and in was infact a ball bearing unit that was not water cooled , Now some believe this is not neccessary... maybe on ceramic bearing or precision's waterless bearing system, But the dealer highly recommend we modify the existing setup and went on to saying the heatsoak is what cooked the seal.

So we moved onto the exhaust leak and found a few spot where this was occurring:

Downpipe v-band:

Up-pipe v-band ,(attempting to cook the A/C compressor) :

And finally some sub par weld towards the rear of the car:

The idle and the fact that we had to tap the gas to start the vehicle we thought was from the oil soot, on the maf & throttle plate possibly sticking so we disassembled and cleaned these parts:

The result was somewhat better but we added it up to a poor tune:

370z Brake Upgrade:

Customer brought in his 370 to quickly upgrade his stock rotors & pads, For a crossdrilled & slotted rotors and some Better compound on the pads.

Front:

Rear:

Front new vs. old comparison:

Rear new vs. old comparison:

Installed:

Too dark to get final pix

Contact us for projects from Mild-To-Wild!!

Unit 3E
Ph. 727.753.9664

Shop Forum:
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/hybrid-motorsports/
Old 09-10-2011, 10:33 AM
(OO\____/OO)

nice work! always see good shit coming outta yous guys...

and damn i forgot how cluttered a GTR's engine bay is.... something i DON'T miss about mine...

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Blackzenki82
nice work! always see good shit coming outta yous guys...

and damn i forgot how cluttered a GTR's engine bay is.... something i DON'T miss about mine...
Did you ever get rid of yours?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

like!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:40 PM
no

I've been a diy'er so long it's crazy to think people pay a shop to swap rotors and pads...

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by mewantkouki
I've been a diy'er so long it's crazy to think people pay a shop to swap rotors and pads...
Yeah that's why they have a Just brakes, midas, tires plus on every corner is it really that crazy? what's crazy is what people pay when they go to shops like that, Anyways my 2 cents
Old 09-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Will Drift For Tires

people that go to Midas dont get cross drilled rotors and aggressive compound pads. i think he's referring to an enthusiast paying a shop to do pads and rotors.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 PM

Lemme ask what the definition of an enthusiast is, many love cars, bikes motorsports in general and are not mechanically inclined and there are those that don't know the difference between a wrench and a ratchet and then there is some that's more than capable but don't have the means (i.e apartment complex with strict rules) , I could go on forever point is whatever the case .... imo don't see it crazy at all especially considering what we charged for this service.