Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Mitsubishi Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/mitsubishi-tech/)
-   -   02 Housing Fell apart! Damn MR (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/mitsubishi-tech/677981-02-housing-fell-apart-damn-mr.html)

howeeez 08-16-2010 02:08 PM

02 Housing Fell apart! Damn MR

1 Attachment(s)
Well Last year i installed a aftermarket megan racing 02 housing. Well yesterday I heard a huge exhaust leak out of the blue. And here is a pic of the housing: Shitty ass weld if you ask me.. Think im going to a evo III housing and calling it a day

ryu 08-16-2010 02:34 PM

wwwwooooowwwww.......there's no excuse for that.

howeeez 08-16-2010 05:01 PM

^ yeah i know. shitty ass parts and shitty welds is what im saying... Guess im sticking with Mitsu housings.

omgosh 08-16-2010 05:58 PM

Damn. Looks paper thin right there.

Also, I think your dipstick seal is blown. lol

howeeez 08-17-2010 03:25 AM

lol ^ yeah i wish it was just the dipstick seal. Half way done with oil leaks (already fixed rear main and oil pan). still have more to fix.

omgosh 08-17-2010 11:12 AM

Looks like a nasty valve cover leak as well? lol. Ive been fixing oil leaks for like 3 months and still have some drippage. When you get the orings for the tube, get factory ones cause they are a retarded size and will probably still leak if you get the wrong size lol.

GL

Krais 08-17-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by omgosh (Post 8089603)
Looks like a nasty valve cover leak as well? lol. Ive been fixing oil leaks for like 3 months and still have some drippage. When you get the orings for the tube, get factory ones cause they are a retarded size and will probably still leak if you get the wrong size lol.

GL

Can't believe you had so many issues with your rebuild, A lot of them came from the b/s removal, Right?

Only problems i've had with my car, is shitty tires. LOL. :(

Seanzie 08-17-2010 03:57 PM

I read the title, and I told myself "I bet it Megan"

Notorious for this kind of thing ;-)

EfWorld 08-17-2010 10:23 PM

i like megan raceing products..... everytime i have a problem i just call them and they take good care of me. i have there track coil over kit and i love them and they are now almost 4 years old and still work awsome. iv used their exhaust parts before and never had a problem.

id just call them and see if they can help you out. unless you got a knock off....

howeeez 08-18-2010 07:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Yeah its def a real megan racing 02 housing.. But then again when i first got the housing i matched it up to the mitsu housing that i had on the car and i couldnt see a difference between the 2. So i kind of kicked my self in the ass. but since i bought it i installed it anyway. Im just going to take it off get it welded at my shop and be done with it and got back to the mitsu housing. I will post pic of the mitsu housing i had on there in the first place.