Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Mitsubishi Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/mitsubishi-tech/)
-   -   need advice... (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/mitsubishi-tech/582460-need-advice.html)

x8psycho8x 06-30-2009 06:36 AM

need advice...

so i'm trying to move up from my gs into a gs-t, if i can sell the gs first lol

but the gs-t i found has a blown headgasket and need a new regulator or something.

worth buying or not worth the risk cause of damage from the blown gasket??

lancerman 06-30-2009 06:46 AM

depends on price.
but buying and selling cars for 25 years, rarely does car need only what seller says. very often many stuff wrong that you wonrt know about till car runs

91TSI_AWD 06-30-2009 07:11 AM

Yup, people either forget to tell you stuff or dont on purpose and you wont know till later anyways.

x8psycho8x 06-30-2009 07:23 AM

Well the car is for 25 but has a evo 16g turbo greddy intercooler, walbaro fuel pump, ssv or sometime bov, and shit I don't remember. And I know a possibility is that the head could be warped and whatnot. But I don't know eclipse's lol and a lot of people on here have helped so much so just wondering if it'd be worth it. But the one friend who been helping me so far is an eclipse hater so he's kinda biast towards the car as is lol. And I think it has a 6 bolt swap, but not sure on that

dsmturbo84 06-30-2009 10:07 AM

can you get pics of it and of the motor so we can see what you are looking at??

Evil_GST 06-30-2009 10:26 AM

Sounds like it was beat the fuck up. if it ran then I would tell you to do a compression test. this will tell you almost all you need to know about an engine.

damnDSM 06-30-2009 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by x8psycho8x (Post 6786357)
Well the car is for 25 but has a evo 16g turbo greddy intercooler, walbaro fuel pump, ssv or sometime bov, and shit I don't remember. And I know a possibility is that the head could be warped and whatnot. But I don't know eclipse's lol and a lot of people on here have helped so much so just wondering if it'd be worth it. But the one friend who been helping me so far is an eclipse hater so he's kinda biast towards the car as is lol. And I think it has a 6 bolt swap, but not sure on that

Originally Posted by lancerman
depends on price.
but buying and selling cars for 25 years, rarely does car need only what seller says. very often many stuff wrong that you wonrt know about till car runs

This is very true. Unless everything is in really good shape, $2500 for a non running 2g GST is a little steep honestly.

The main problem is that you cant drive the car. The test drive reveals A LOT! It could have a turbo or head that smokes, worn piston rings/low compression, bent valves, crankshaft end play (aka crankwalk), suspension issues, gear engagement issues, grinding between gears, clutch engagement/disengagement issues, the list goes on and on.

Unless you know and trust the seller on a personal level, I would be extremely thorough when you look over the car.

Personally, I would try and find a running GST, I see them for 3000-3500 all day long. and unless its a 98-99, $2500 isn't even a "good" deal for non running, engine in unknown condition DSM.

fallen4ng31 06-30-2009 02:51 PM

I'll give you $500 sight unseen for your NT 2g. ;)