K20a INSIGHT by LHT

Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Omfg

You. Guys. ROCK!

I have been building up civics pretty much since Honda introduced the 5th generation hatch and I've done every engine swap imaginable culminating with my most recent, the venerable K20. I also have a stroked NA K20 in my 2002 RSX but now you've got the creative juices flowing all over again. Man, I SOooooo want one.

I bow down to the most amazingly clean Honda swap project EVER!

Last edited by Sleepr66; 05-20-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
John @ LHT Performance

Thanks , It's great to be noticed by folks that know what kind of work goes into such a project.

727 344 1800

*Turbocharging* Engine building* Tuning *Intercooler piping*exhausts* headers* clutches ,fabrication and much more

13 years in the same location.

** HONDATA Authorized Dealer+ Tuner **

01 Type R-647whp street car w' AC - Cover of turbo magazine Feb 2008

01 K20a INSIGHT - Cover of Honda Tuning magazine June 2008

2011 KR-Z K20 powered CR-Z -Cover of Honda Tuning magazine April 2011
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 AM

wat did you use as to lower the car in suspension?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:44 AM
John @ LHT Performance

The K-Sight has Tien suspension and is the exact same ride height as stock.

727 344 1800

*Turbocharging* Engine building* Tuning *Intercooler piping*exhausts* headers* clutches ,fabrication and much more

Last edited by MrLHT; 09-03-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Saving you gas at 58 MPG!

Originally Posted by Insight Mike
This is the best thing I've seen in YEARS! I bought my 2000 Insight in 2001, and since then have been contemplating a twin cam VTEC swap (if and when my engine ever dies, that is). I first considered the infamous b16, but then I learned of the k20. For the past several years I've been thinking up plans on how to do this swap / where to find a shop and lots of R&D concerns.

Well, I officially found my shop.

I have the car, now I found the shop, all I need is an engine. Like I said, this project is not in the near future, because I cannot imagine destroying a perfectly good hybrid (it only has 127,000 miles). HOWEVER, when the time comes, LHT, here I come.

Mike Webb
2000 Insight
Silverstone Metallic
127,000 miles
Hi there, I'm with you man, sort of. I purchased my 2001 Insight a while back, I think in 02, and ever since the Insight first came out I had dreams of modifying it. I dont' beleive in sleepers, so I've mentally designed several body kit's for the Insight to give it a more aggressive look and to wipe off that smile that the Insight seem's to have. I've thought up of widening the rear wheel track to equal the front and pictureing a mild wide body kit for the Insight. I had dreamed of installing a B16 Acura Integra engine in the beast and figuring out how to stiffen the suspension and possibly lower it an inch or so.
The more I drive my car, the more I like the way it is, but can still use improvments. I've got some body damage to it and my friend who run's a body shop is going to fix it up for me and we're possibly going to repaint it white. I've never seen the Insight in white before except pictures of the Gran Torismo video game and I think the Insight will look stunning in white.
I can picture some carbon-fiber bit's outside and inside. The hood, the rear wheel pants, and a tiny lip rear spoiler. Inside, some dash trim including covering that light colored plastic area that surrounds the climate control unit, the flat panels of the dashboard from the glove box to the coin-box. I can picture the drink holder section covered in carbon.
Lot's of details and dress up's.
When I picked up the June issue of Honda Tuning, I fell madly in love with this gorgous K-Sight and I soooooooooooo want to do that to my ride but I dont' have the funds for such an expensive motor swap. Instead, I plan on just turbo-charging it and keeping it's hybrid status. I'm not to concerned about the cars top speed, but I would like quicker 0-60 acceleration.
All this time I thought I was the only nut in the world who wanted to modify this hybrid. I've seen lot's of pure drag-racing Insights, but that's not what I wanted. I wanted daily driver tuner car with killer gas-milage.
The Insight is a beautiful elegant looking car, but could use some more aggressive styling. And carbon-fiber panels would be cool addition I think.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
John @ LHT Performance

Well, The K-Sight was a Hell of a Journey.Countless nights and early mornings working many, many hours figuring out how to do it right. There was alot of knowledge gained,money spent and we even got world wide coverage .We also got front cover of Honda Tuning and a 10 page spread.
This could not have been possible without my good friend Steve McCleskey, He is one of the most briliant and smart guys I've had to pleasure to know and work with on a few projects.Way back when I decided to go ahead with and jump into such a project I asked Steve if would come on board. This was while we walked around a "Hot Import nights" in St Petersburg. He said " If you can make it fit, I can make it run"
And Run it did , 217whp, smooth quiet idle, AC, PS, ABS, S2000 Cluster, 48mpg and drove like it came from Honda. That been said, All good things come to an end and new ones develop.
The K-Sight now has a new home in sunny California, I hope the new owner enjoys the car as much as we.
More cool projects are in the process at LHT.

Myself and Steve

727 344 1800

Last edited by MrLHT; 12-03-2008 at 07:29 PM.