So what are the police doing for us?

Old 11-19-2009, 03:15 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what are the police doing for us?

It's nothing new that Honda's are stolen in large numbers on almost a monthly basis but here is what I want to know, what are the police doing about it?

To anyone whose Honda was stolen, what do the police say to you?

I'm in for making a map of the locations the cars were stolen from and where they are found.

If you are a LEO and reading this chime in. Seriously we would like to hear that something is being done or the reason nothing is or could be done. Don't worry I'll mod this thread, ask anyone I probably over mod sometimes to keep things on track. So post up.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production

Last edited by chi town brat; 11-19-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
rocktastic

I think LEO treats these thefts the same as any other auto theft. They aren't concerned with the high rate of Honda/Acura (and Nissan, for that matter) theft or the huge stolen parts market it supports.

Until an LEO who's an enthusiast gets his/her car nicked, they will probably continue to treat these thefts as individual incidents and not as the supply side of a serious stolen parts market...
Old 11-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Smith & Wesson Protected.

They don't give a fuck straight up. A officer told me him self they are making the least attempt to finding these assholes or car parts cause theirs no way of tracking them. They don't run the prints cause it takes too much time. He also mentioned that rarely anybody can prove anything and they let them off the hook in court cause of lack of evidence. So they go in for a few hours if accused/caught and get probation at the most if the case is not dropped and back out to the street. His words were "Thats why we have insurance on our cars" wow really how much money do you get for a 90's honda now days?

-Induction Performance ALPHA Tuned.
-ROQUE MACHINE SHOP For ALL your fabrication needs.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:02 PM
rocktastic

^true. The best thing you can do is get not just the car but all the aftermarket stuff, too. When my si was stolen, i copied all the reciepts and sent them in and got a check for the combined amount of the car and parts. Granted, you don't get paid back for blood and sweat, but there are no reciepts for that...
Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM

a map needs to be made of where they are stolen from and where they are dumped i briefly looked up some of the areas mentioned in the "stolen" threads and they don't seem to far apart, these guys seem to be comfortable stealing in tampa then clearwater, p park, st. pete, olsmar and i think its cause they live here and know the roads. i'm down with making a map and sticking a bate car right in the middle of the area where shits getting stolen, if we can get one of them i will do what ever it takes to make him tell me who else is doing it, and fuck these guys they should be permanently marked like back in the day so everyone knows what they are...

but maybe thats just what i think..
Old 11-19-2009, 07:59 PM
isn't actually rich...

Unfortunately there isn't really much that the police can do about it really... It's not that they don't give a fuck but it honestly isn't easy to stop. I mean, there's always gonna be the lowlife mother fuckers that steal and there's always gonna be the people they steal from. The cops can't do much about it for what ^^ said. The lack of evidence.

I think that security cameras should start being set up right by where people park their cars.. It would be a great investment in situations like this. They aren't too expensive nowadays and it could really start catching some of these punk asses. Just put the camera facing directly onto your parking spot and leave it there every night. Have it record every night so once you see it's gone you can just pull that tape and bam, you have evidence against them.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:46 PM

ive got 13 cameras around my house/shop. ne one that comes on site a alarm rings in my room n office to alert me i have someone that would need a part for free, i grab my ak and wait for them to attempt to enter the shop door, "if" the are lucky they will not be able to get in.... if there not lucky then thell have either a +p+m 9mm rounds thru there chest or 40-80 rounds of 7.62 ammo hitting them or flying past them.. either weay there on camera

my lag is your courtesy head start

ATTENTION.... installing a head gasket, head studs or pistons and rods in your otherwise STOCK engine dose not make it a "built" engine! stop listing you cars for sale saying they are built when its not!!

Old 11-20-2009, 12:11 AM
oh snap

Our neighbor has cameras all around his house, and like two of them point directly to our house, and to the side street, he also stays outside smoking cigs almost all night. He has caught people getting too close to our car before. So im glad we have him as a neighbor, even though he keeps track of our shit, hes cool nontheless. But i agree there is nothing much police can do, its hard to find the thieves and if they do find them, unless they are in possesion of some stolen goodies, its hard for the charges to stick, just put cameras outside of your house, and have a good alarm, or a dog like ours, she barks at anything that walks infront of the house. Lets protect our cars, its not fair that were the ones buying shit for our cars, working on them till late at night and then some POS comes and steals it.
DC(5)CREW MEMBER #30

Proven Power FTW

Originally Posted by racer_x
^you're a female, so your intrinsic fail level is higher than mine. Thus, I reason that if we both fail equally, you still fail harder.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:11 AM

a bait car sounds good
Old 11-20-2009, 05:43 AM

^ there's plenty of bait cars set up by LEOs already.