Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Mini Me Swap! Help...

Old 10-09-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Me Swap! Help...

Ok so I have a 00' Civic DX 5SPD 4DR the engine is completely stock non vtec and I want to put a vtec head on. I am the second owner and first owner was an older lady so I want to make this a sleeper with a mini me and do it right but im not 100% sure on what I need how I should do it or who I should take it to. Any advice will be great and much appreciated. My boy has a complete vtec head he will sell to me for cheap I know theres more to it then just bolting it on. Like I said any info is better then nothing thanks.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Come on somebody has got to know something...
Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

I have a mini me high compression build D16A6 block with a 98 EX head swapped into my 91 Civic Hatch that puts out 148 bhp and I weigh in at 2073 lbs. I'm just thinking with your weight increase and a stock mini me swap you won't be seeing much out of the engine that will be useful in your power weight ratio.

The 2000 Civic Si came with the B16 which means a B Series swap won't take much to get in there. I would suggest looking for a B Series to swap in. The B16 is the torqueless wonder down under (low rpms) so not really sleeper material.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production