Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Honda/Acura Tech (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/honda-acura-tech/)
-   -   Where to get a cheap alarm, but good quality, pager, maybe gps, etc. (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/honda-acura-tech/512878-where-get-cheap-alarm-but-good-quality-pager-maybe-gps-etc.html)

J-PEZ 09-15-2008 10:40 AM

Where to get a cheap alarm, but good quality, pager, maybe gps, etc.

I'm looking to get an alarm that will have a pager on it with a pretty long range. I might get just a cheap one with a super sensitivity, but I would prefer a pager and depending on the amount I'd like a GPS alarm as well so I can catch those thieves in there act, lol Plese lmk ASAP cause I need an alarm like today! Some where local would be great or for a good price i'll drive some. I'll def like to have some one install it as wel;l. I can get great deals on alarms, but I'll need some one to install it like today or tomorrow, plz help me out people!

HaZed 09-15-2008 11:07 AM

i bought my Viper pager alarm off ebay and had a local shop install it...I forgot how much it was... but listen, when it comes to alarms, why go cheap??? Its going to be the BEST investment you can put into your ride!!! You get what you pay for! Save up for a couple weeks and get yourself a GOOD ALARM!!! Any good thief knows how to pop a hood fom the outside and simply cut your alarm siren/power and you wouldnt even hear it go off!!! A good alarm has hood sensors/backup batteries/pagers/immobilizers/etc... Get an alarm thats got all the bells and whistles! I think I payed a good 6-700 for mine installed with some extra goodies! OR- get yourself a cheap alarm for 2-300 and spend the 400 or so on LoJack! shifter locks, fuel cuts, removable steering wheels, the list goes on! If you want your car SAFE, cheap is NOT the way to go!

J-PEZ 09-15-2008 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by HaZed (Post 5814416)
i bought my Viper pager alarm off ebay and had a local shop install it...I forgot how much it was... but listen, when it comes to alarms, why go cheap??? Its going to be the BEST investment you can put into your ride!!! You get what you pay for! Save up for a couple weeks and get yourself a GOOD ALARM!!! Any good thief knows how to pop a hood fom the outside and simply cut your alarm siren/power and you wouldnt even hear it go off!!! A good alarm has hood sensors/backup batteries/pagers/immobilizers/etc... Get an alarm thats got all the bells and whistles! I think I payed a good 6-700 for mine installed with some extra goodies! OR- get yourself a cheap alarm for 2-300 and spend the 400 or so on LoJack! shifter locks, fuel cuts, removable steering wheels, the list goes on! If you want your car SAFE, cheap is NOT the way to go!

I'm looking for a place that installs them cheap, I know you get what you pay for, but we all know that you some times go to a few different places and one will have the same alarm and everything for $100 cheaper so that's what i'm trying to get at. I can get gps done for $300 and I found an alarm with remote start and 2-way pager for $100, but I don't have any one to install it for a good price, I don't even know what they charge.

rangcrx 09-15-2008 01:26 PM

this is the best cheapest 2way you will find it does EVERYTHING i have had 4 i installed them in my last 4 cars,it is very easy.this thing has the longest pageing

eBay Motors: CAR ALARM LCD 2-WAY PAGER/ REMOTE START PORSCHE 911 993 (item 370084981883 end time Sep-15-08 15:44:22 PDT)

Tampa's_Slow_EG6 09-15-2008 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by rangcrx (Post 5814909)
this is the best cheapest 2way you will find it does EVERYTHING i have had 4 i installed them in my last 4 cars,it is very easy.this thing has the longest pageing

eBay Motors: CAR ALARM LCD 2-WAY PAGER/ REMOTE START PORSCHE 911 993 (item 370084981883 end time Sep-15-08 15:44:22 PDT)

im getting that lol!!

J-PEZ 09-15-2008 05:00 PM

I just got one installed local for $170 out the door with instalation and 2 LCD pagers vs. just one! It was done in less then an hour and like I said local! I can supply anybody with the number if needed, very nice people and great instalation job! Thanks for the help, but I guess you get the best results when you search yourself. Thanks though

05civic 09-16-2008 08:17 AM

HiTek Car Stuff... they do great work and stand behind there work...
they are in brandon on the corner of 60 and kingsway...

customkid72 09-16-2008 08:26 AM

go to this guy on himes and spruce in tampa great guy and he did it all for 150 i got one 4 days ago when i got my ecu stolen out of my car

J-PEZ 09-16-2008 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by 05civic (Post 5817815)
HiTek Car Stuff... they do great work and stand behind there work...
they are in brandon on the corner of 60 and kingsway...

I was going to go there, but I just went str8 to Tampa I didn't feel like getting off the interstate and the driving through town, also for all you people thanks, but I got one now and it only costed me $170 installed with 2 LCD 2-way pagers, anyways thanks

xetrev 09-16-2008 01:45 PM

See carlos at mild to wild. One of the best wiring guys in tampa.